Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Butterfly Valves for Fresh Air Blower Housing

A few months ago I saw a set of either restored or reproduction butterfly valves for the fresh air blower housing. I thought I bookmarked the site, but apparently I didn't because now that I need to order them, I can't find it.

The butterfly valves look like this:

These are for a 1988 Carrera.

I searched this forum. The only seller mentioned was mattman on eBay. I found a mattman1955 selling Porsche parts on eBay, but he did not have them.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have a set from my 82SC ........
Old 05-14-2019, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
they look the same....
Old 05-14-2019, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300 View Post
they look the same....
PM Sent.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I have an almost complete HVAC I pulled out of my 78 SC. the only part not for sale is the two parts that divert the hot air to the windshield or floor.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911tracker85 View Post
I have an almost complete HVAC I pulled out of my 78 SC. the only part not for sale is the two parts that divert the hot air to the windshield or floor.

Thank you Bob, but all I need are the two butterfly valves.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
I just bought some stiff but compressible foam sheets, cut them to size and crammed them into the valves. Getting to the valves is far more work than replacing the foam. I think mine are a nice festive purple, too!

I also tweaked the shafts a bit to guarantee that they close fully, now I never get air blowing through when I have the vents shut.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Inc. View Post
I just bought some stiff but compressible foam sheets, cut them to size and crammed them into the valves. Getting to the valves is far more work than replacing the foam. I think mine are a nice festive purple, too!

I also tweaked the shafts a bit to guarantee that they close fully, now I never get air blowing through when I have the vents shut.
David,

Do you remember how thick the foam sheets you bought were?

I don't know how much mine have compressed over the past 30+ years, but right now they measure 1/4" (6mm).

Dall
Old 05-15-2019, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
My first post. I am in your shoes, a year later. Mine are in horrible shape. I am hesitant to even take them out of the clamp as they look like they will fall apart. What did you use to replace the gasket portion? Do you have measurements or a way to find them? Thank you!
Old 05-11-2020, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Almost Done

Garage
depends on your rush, i will be redoing my cent system in the fall and will have extra flappers you can have for postage costs..
Old 05-12-2020, 02:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
911 enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoesia View Post
I am hesitant to even take them out of the clamp as they look like they will fall apart. What did you use to replace the gasket portion?

They will. I found replacement foam circles at: https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/flapper-valve-seals-in-blower-housing-1

They're mostly for 914s, but fit 911s as well.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the offer but the system is apart now as part of my last winter project. Running late, weather is already begging to get out of the garage.

That link (or a measurement/diagram) was exactly what I was looking for. Order already placed.

Thank you both for the quick reply!

Old 05-12-2020, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: