Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Rust oleum truck bed coating works great and is affordable. Neutralize the rust and go to town. It comes in a spray can or gallon.
You can get it in any color you want as long as it’s black.
Tony

Old 10-19-2019, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Just use some Ospho on the rusty areas (probably only surface rust) and buy a quart of the brushed on Por 15. It hardens with no issues, easy to apply you donít need to mask anything off ,and is very durable.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
I would go to an auto paint store, ask if they have single stage enamel in cans (preferably with a hardener portion), and go from there. Give it a few days and it will be as hard as a rock and ready for your installation, no comparison to Rustolecrap..
Old 10-20-2019, 03:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Figured I'd update with photos of the finished product! I ended up painting the interior with Rust-Oleum clean metal primer, then the black Rust-Oleum metal paint. It worked well, though if I did it again I would use gray paint instead of black. After the paint I laid dynamat all over the tub (not solid, I did strips and patches), then dynaliner in the back seat area where the heavy sound deadening pad was. It is definitely quieter than it was before I started this project.

Here is a build thread I did with some additional pictures of the interior work I did. Need to go finish that write up soon!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Epelicanparts%2Eco m%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D1033928&share_tid=1033928&share_fid=844&share_type=t&link_source=app

Cheers,
Noah

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Zero-H20; 10-20-2019 at 06:04 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I just painted my interior black.

This is two coats of Southern Polyurethane's black epoxy primer.

I will topcoat it with a satin black with hardener.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Look good.....very good job. I used Rustoleum 7776 satin black on my interior. I had no rust, even surface rust.

If I had rust, I would take it to bare metal and use acid etching primer on bare metal and then Rustoleum.
RGruppe #79 '73 Carrera RS spec 2.7 MFI
00 Saab 95 Aero wagon stick
01 Saab 95 Aero wagon auto
03 Boxster
90 Chevy PU Prerunner....1990
Old 10-21-2019, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

All opinions varies from one individual to another based on their experience and budget - Most of "epoxy" painting companies are very good by most standards - except for lower end companies that sells epoxy paint results poorly.

So I think either POR-15 or Rustoleum paint are very efficient for any metal work projects - POR-15 is expensive thou for a small pint paint can as opposed to Rust'lum is cheaper by a gallon can.

Do whatever you are comfortable with any epoxy paint for metal work according to your budget for they are all durable that lasts for years.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
floorboard , interior , paint , parcel , shelf