Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Extremely helpful. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to AirJose
David,
You have a lot of great advice here. Really follow your mental plan but careful with that area, was it epoxied, JB weld or welded? clean around carefully with a small pick test it without breaking it apart so you know what is it (hopefully is properly welded or epoxied) If your fuel gauge works good just insure that you remove the fuel tank sender carefully, secure all nuts and washers taking a picture as how all is installed. The bottom screen filter my need a little cleaning and the round rubber gasket could be reused, just use some small amount of oil/grease to tighten it . I have used POR with great results and protect the tank after the POR with a good dove gray paint. Replace all hoses. If you are going for a concourse tank restoration you have to use SKS or similar coating (hard to find) use some penetrating oil to separate the hose from the filling tube. You can do it, well ventilation (fan) and an extra pair of hands come handy!

Best of luck and let us know how it went!

Jose

Last edited by AirJose; 07-14-2019 at 04:06 PM..
Old 07-14-2019, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Thanks for all the good advice. I just pulled out the sending unit and peaked inside the tank. Looks pretty clean, but possible signs of a past repair.

I think I am going to wait till the end of the driving season (I live in MN, so summers are precious) and then follow @Chrismorse advice and purchase a new tank from our host and replace. This car is just a nice driver, so more worried about functional than concourse.

David

Old 07-14-2019, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: