Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1 in 2 out exhaust

Anyone know any great sounding mufflers that are 1 in 2 out? I have a Dansk cat delete pipe with a stock muffler. Iím ready for the true sound of the flat six.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
MK sells one. It's usually pro install only. It's loud, but light and extremely well crafted.

Check out my 75 and 77 911S build threads
Old 08-17-2019, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
a.k.a. G-man

Garage
Of you are not looking at 2 out only maybe consider the M&K 1out.
Very lightweight, and I doubt it will disappoint in the sound department.

Be careful not to go too loud, that gets boring quickly for some people (and most likely their neighbours as well... )
32C Member #41

1986 911 3.2 Carrera (not stock)
1974 911 2.7 9114102230 SOLD
Old 08-17-2019, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

also keep in mind that many 2 out mufflers suffer from an annoying drone at cruising speed/rpm -- resulting in folks capping off one of the outlets to preserve sanity.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have the M&K 1-2 911s style and couldnít be happier. I went with smaller 2Ē outlet pipes to tone it down just a bit. (Plus I like the look of the smaller pipes.)

The craftsmanship was top notch. Harder to find a better quality product out there.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by et cetera View Post
I have the M&K 1-2 911s style and couldnít be happier. I went with smaller 2Ē outlet pipes to tone it down just a bit. (Plus I like the look of the smaller pipes.)

The craftsmanship was top notch. Harder to find a better quality product out there.
Can I request MK to make it with smaller outlet pipes? I also like like the look of the smaller pipes. How does it sound? Do you happen to have a video of it running?
Old 08-19-2019, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Sound is very subjective but...

Ditto the M&K 1 in 2 out on my Carrera. Absolutely love it. No drone, loud when you get on it, quietish while just cruising, burbles and all the good rumbly sounds in the garage. The sound really fits the car. And you can cap off the 2nd outlet if you'd like to tone it down for a bit. Incredible build quality too.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Andy: you should contact M&k directly -- small operation and VERY customer-centric
Old 08-19-2019, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
R&D guy

On my '87 3.2 I'm running a Fabspeed "euro" muffler in place of the cat along with a Dansk 84mm 1-in-2-out.

Great sound - muscle car at idle and a throaty sounding Porsche in the high RPM range.

A bit louder than stock but not bad.

I do admit to switching it back to the standard muffler (but keeping the Fabspeed cat substitute) for longer trips out of my area, to avoid excessive attention from those who "protect and serve" (and love giving tickets to out of state drivers) when I indulge in the loud pedal a bit too much.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_braselton View Post
Can I request MK to make it with smaller outlet pipes? I also like like the look of the smaller pipes. How does it sound? Do you happen to have a video of it running?
They were happy to ship me the muffler with the optional 2Ē outlets rather than the standard 2.5Ē. Like other people said, itís a small operation that is happy to accommodate.

I donít have any videos posted but I can try and take some this weekend. Itís louder than stock but really opens up when youíre high in the rpm range. Thatís when it sounds like a totally different car. Itís a great combo for a street driven car.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to cmcfaul Send a message via Yahoo to cmcfaul Send a message via Skype™ to cmcfaul
my FabSpeed 1 in 2 out sounds awesome. Do the cat bypass and even more awesomness. Nice deep rumble thats louder but but not ridiculous.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Quote:
Can I request MK to make it with smaller outlet pipes? I also like like the look of the smaller pipes.
Yes, we have a lot of tailpipe options for the GT3 and S mufflers including custom.
The single inlet dual out (pipes exiting corners of the bumper) is special order.
Appreciate the props!
Old 08-20-2019, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: