Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Excellence Magazine - where's the 84-89 3.2??

This is so strange - in "Excellence" the premier Porsche magazine "bible" etc., under the "Specifications" tab where each Porsche has detailed speciifcations by model year, there is NO mention of the '84-'89 3.2s, considered by many to be the epitome of air cooled 911s. Nor is there any acknowledgement of this omission by the staff or apparent questioning by Porsche enthusiasts. Or am I missing something??

(by the way, where is the 2019-2020 Buyer's Guide?... its supposed to be available today)
Old 08-19-2019, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have had the buyers guide sitting on my desk for over a week.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

i used to get that magazine ... had it since issue 2 or 3... then i noticed the price guides were way off, just the same texts printed over and over for every model year after year and the charts werent close.. then there were too many life long restorations to use up pages...

eventually i had more that i hadnt read than i had...

eventually gave them all away in a " declutering" phase at hershey, some still in the plastic sleeve and have not looked back..
2014 Audi A4 2.0T Technik (Audi Support Vehicle)
Old 08-19-2019, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
84-89 3.2

I find it quite disturbing that the most reliable and rarely on sale Porsche, is not displayed in Porsche magazines...instead, the models that fetch 6 figures are displayed and repeatedly promoted...
It is like in politics, the truth is hardly displayed and instead the politically correct is gospel...my 87 is a great car, not a garage queen and in a few days it will carry my wife and I on our 2500 miles yearly trip.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.avrahami@ View Post
I find it quite disturbing that the most reliable and rarely on sale Porsche, is not displayed in Porsche magazines...instead, the models that fetch 6 figures are displayed and repeatedly promoted...
It is like in politics, the truth is hardly displayed and instead the politically correct is gospel...my 87 is a great car, not a garage queen and in a few days it will carry my wife and I on our 2500 miles yearly trip.
it shouldnt be disturbing .... like i told the guy who pulled up next to me in his M3 last night..... yeah you drive a fast car .... i drive an automotive icon !!!
2014 Audi A4 2.0T Technik (Audi Support Vehicle)
Old 08-19-2019, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.avrahami@ View Post
Many of my non Porsche friends are incredulous when I tell them of taking a 4,000 mile road trip in my 35 year old car. It tell them the car does not know how old it is. It is well maintained, by me, and very solid.

Just a month ago I drove to Boca Raton, FL, it took me two long 11 hours days. One of the other guys that drove to Boca Raton came from Anchorage, AK. It took him a full week to get there in his 1985 911.

Virtually everyone know what a 911 is. It is an icon, but I drive mine because it put a smile on my face after 25 years of ownership.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Vintage Owner

Garage
Old Porsches do eventually wear out, but rarely break down. They were meant to be driven, so high mileage is a badge of honor.
75 GMC Motorhome
Old 08-19-2019, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Stands View Post
Old Porsches do eventually wear out, but rarely break down. They were meant to be driven, so high mileage is a badge of honor.

But a worn out air cooled 911 can be rebuilt over and over, so they donít really wear out. New cars of today are throw away cars.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 08-19-2019, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
But a worn out air cooled 911 can be rebuilt over and over, so they donít really wear out. New cars of today are throw away cars.
More like disposable.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: