Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned but not out, yet..

Garage
Really appreciate your work. Very stylish and very period. Porsche should have done as good

Check out my books on Amazon: Under Big Sky, and Achieving Lasting Happiness
Old 10-04-2019, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
maybe take the supports off and put new, longer tubes in?

- find one where the tubes are a slip fit in the supports

or where you can buy the supports alone & make tubes?

I don't think your idea would be welcomed by my dog, so mine will be flat (if I ever use the piece of hexcell I have to make one...)
Old 10-05-2019, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
rangrbob

Garage
I decided to change plans for the look of the release knobs on the door panels. Instead of matching the dash knobs, I thought it would be better to match the window crank knobs. I happened to have some window cranks left over from a Vanagon Syncro project. They are a very close match, and should work out nicely.

I may use the chrome escutcheon between the vinyl and the knob as added trim depending on how it looks when I mock it up. The cap shown will be inserted into the knob once installed.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
rangrbob

Garage
Started on some of the vinyl install. Wrapped the rear seat delete luggage/storage box. It still needs some tweaks and adjustments, as I'm not completely happy with it yet. I went with a color vinyl that is very similar to what the car left the factory with. I will most likely also change the black out as well to match the gain of the new tan. The carpet will be tan German Square Weave with the same vinyl used for the binding.

I also plan on changing out the brass ring pull to chrome.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
rangrbob

Garage
Today I worked on finishing one of the door panels. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the armrest black or dye it to match the vinyl. I also noticed that the weave insert is just a bit too short. There is a small gap between it and the top door trim that will need to be addressed.

Last week I fabricated a aluminum trim piece to frame the door on the rear seat delete storage box. It's getting closer to being finished. I need to smooth out a few wrinkles, and add a couple more tweaks.

Old 10-22-2019, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Those door panels really do look sharp. Well done.

Doug
1973 RSR inspired genesis powr'd by dilithium crystals (3.6 RS Vram)
Old 10-22-2019, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Designer King

Very period correct looking.
Yellow 77 Sunroof Coupe/cork interior; 3.2L '80 SC engine/10.5:1/No O2; Carrera Tensioners; 11 Blade Fan; Turbo tie rods; Bilstein HDs; 28 tube Cooler; SSI, Dansk; MSD/Blaster; 16x7" Fuchs/205/50 Goodrich G Force Sport Comp 2; PCA/UCR, MID9
Never leave well enough alone
Old 10-23-2019, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
lovely. nice work.
https://www.facebook.com/911garage
Old 10-24-2019, 12:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Midwest R Gruppe

Garage
Very nice. What material did you use for the door cards?

69E Coupe 2.2S LtWt
70 914-6 GT
Old 10-24-2019, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
rangrbob

Garage
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by t6dpilot View Post
Very nice. What material did you use for the door cards?
I used plywood that is about 3/16 thick, I got for free at a local wood supply shop. They use it to protect veneer plywood sheets during transport.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: