Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Caveman Hammer Mechanic

Garage
950+ hp

Who doesn’t like a 935 dyno pull on Sat night.
3.2 and 950+ HP, pretty much says it all....
https://youtu.be/wPfK_BispVo
"America is all about speed. Hot,nasty, bad ass speed."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Certainly an engineering work of art.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Me thinks he needs to recalibrate that meter.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
lake wales fla

I love 935's and IMO there is nothing badder than a K3 935 for looks and performance. Can you imagine running 240 mph down the Mulsane straight in one of those beast.

I have watched that video several times in the past and never noticed until this view that the motor on the Dyno is a single plug. I am not a 935 expert by any measure but i thought all 934's and 935's were twin plug, maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in. I will message JT on monday and i am sure he will know.

I have always been impressed by the power levels these engines can reach but if he truly is getting 950+ hp out of a single plug air cooled engine that is amazing.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The dyno in our engine builder's cell used to boil the water and cavitate, causing the torque number to fall off and the engine speed to zing when testing the high hp engines. We had to update the water brake's inlet housing and plumbing to keep that from happening. If you look at the first part of the pull, the engine zings up without the torque rising, then settles down and stabilizes. I think that dyno might be cavitating the water brake, too.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Stupid annoying music.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
What a great sounding engine.
Love the flat fan and all the noise it makes!

Doug
1973 RSR inspired genesis powr'd by dilithium crystals (3.6 RS Vram)
Old 09-15-2019, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Eva

Garage
Kind of alarming how fast, in one pull, that engine makes the turbo manifolds glow...

The power is unreal but this shows how old the technology really is. Late model TT applications take a MUCH longer time before the manifolds begin to glow...

"The car has been the cave wall on which Industrial Man has painted his longings and desires." -Eddie Alterman-
Old 09-16-2019, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

[QUOTEMe thinks he needs to recalibrate that meter.][/QUOTE]
I would second that but these are Internet HP numbers
Old 09-16-2019, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I LOVE the video. Btw...... I won the first ever POC “Tribute to LeMans ” and “ “POC one hour night race” with similar 3.0 engine.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: