Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

74 wiring diagram in colour

Hi Pelicans,

Would anyone have this very wiring diagram in colour, decent quality and electronic format and could share please???
I only have the B/W version and have ton of problems with re-connecting all the wiring looms back together
Chapter 9 diagram 0.1-2/19

Old 09-25-2019, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Here ya go.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s292jtsyvl6llw2/AABF-ofgMfoMltGa99Asphr5a?dl=0
Old 09-25-2019, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thank You good man Dennis
I strongly appreciate Your help.
It's the current flow diagram so I'm still looking for the one mentioned in the first post.

Best
Marcin
Old 09-25-2019, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
I only have the diagram you posted in Black/white in my factory manuals.
The colour diagrams in the current flow diagram show all the connectors with labels and approximate location in the car.
Just not the pin locations in the 14 pin connectors like they do in later years.
What are you having problems with?
Old 09-25-2019, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Dennis

I have two major problems one being the tons of DYI wiring patents found on the car I bought which I'm trying to solve once and for all and bring all the looms to it's original colour and positioning.

The other problem I have is I've lost the 64GB microSD card from the disassembly process and I have nothing at the moment.

I've added the front light periscope washer installation as well as front and rear fog lights and I'm trying to re-connect the front/dash and tunnel harnesses.
This all merges inside the front trunk.
On the 1970 car I was working before this was an easy job as this diagram looked like this

So if I understand correctly even if I bought the original factory WSM for hundreds of $$$ this would still only give the the black and white version where every single wire has a different colour???
If this is the case then I'm in trouble.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
My grey binder version of the factory manuals from 73 on have the black and white prints. I don’t know if the original red binder version of the same manuals have colored diagrams.

Yes, the earlier diagrams with point to point lines were easier to read. You should look at the 84 and newer ones for a real treat... pages and pages referencing back and forth like a puzzle...

All of the wires with colors and destinations are on the current flow diagram. You just have to know how to read it. (Learn)

Maybe this will help.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ds7l4egzvqa2w18/understanding%20euro%20wiring%20diagrams.pdf?dl=0

Last edited by timmy2; 09-25-2019 at 11:13 PM..
Old 09-25-2019, 11:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Many thanks Dennis.
At least I know where I am (in deep trouble )
Old 09-26-2019, 01:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
Nothing that can’t be thought through.
Happy to help where I can.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attylla View Post
Many thanks Dennis.
At least I know where I am (in deep trouble )
As you likely know, the current flow diagrams that Dennis posted have the same info as the B&W diagram you posted, just in a different format... I took the pages he posted and stitched them together a while ago for myself... see attached. Also, I've attached another diagram I think I purchased on eBay or something. There are a few more pages that I haven't scanned. I don't reference it much because I don't find them as accurate as the factory diagrams...

If it's not OK to post these for public consumption, let me know & I will remove them!

Old 09-26-2019, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: