Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I hooked up the thermo valve to the electrical connections that plug into it, bypassed the fuel pump relay, and hooked up 10inHG of vacuum to center port of thermo valve. After 16 seconds with key at on position the thermo valve popped and released the vacuum. Thermo valve is good. Moving on to smoke test and gas anaylzer.

Lou
Old 10-13-2019, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
So I finally got around to purchasing and installing an AEM Air Fuel Ratio Gauge. From what I could tell my mixture was lean since it was registering higher than the gauge max of 18. With a warm car I brought the ratio to 13.5 at idle. This morning I went out in hopes that my cold start issue would be gone but to my disappointment I still had that initial issue. (rise to 2000rpm, then after 2 seconds a drop to 800 RPMs, and then the climb back up to 2000 before settling in low at 800rpms after two minutes). After driving the car to warm it up the idle will settle at 950. My question is on WOT the gauge is rising indicating the engine is leaning out at wide open throttle when it should be getting richer. Why would this happen?
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: