Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 911 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/)
-   -   Ninth Annual NY/NJ/CT/MA/PA/DE/MD/VT/NH/ME/VA Thanksgiving Weekend Rallye (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1041832-ninth-annual-ny-nj-ct-ma-pa-de-md-vt-nh-me-va-thanksgiving-weekend-rallye.html)

Dave Colangelo 10-04-2019 12:19 PM

Ninth Annual NY/NJ/CT/MA/PA/DE/MD/VT/NH/ME/VA Thanksgiving Weekend Rallye

Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers, Other Humans,

Its back and its better than ever, our annual end of season jaunt, one last chance to run out your engines and keep the oil warm before the long winter; and winter is coming. Hopefully we will all be full of turkey and sick our leftovers (and our extended families) which is the perfect excuse to get out and drive a bit one last time. As seems to be the routine now I will be Porsche-less again this year so if someone leaving form the Westchester area needs a copilot a ride would be much appreciated ;). Ill be over the pond in Ireland until that week so there is no hope of getting the cars running either. PM me if you have space...

Details (the tentative route). Im going to keep the route more or less the same as always, its not necessarily the best nor the worst but its manageable and has some solid driving. If you have suggestions send me a PM and ill consider them.

Date: 11/30/19 (the Saturday after thanksgiving)
Starting Location: Rye Playland
Meeting Time: ~7:45 A.M.
Starting Time (Leaving for first leg): 8:15 AM Local time
Route: https://goo.gl/maps/BCrY9gktdyz

First Stop:
Arrival: ~9:00 A.M.
Leaving: ~9:30 A.M.
Off exit 13N on the Palisades in the staging lot (same place as last year).

Second Stop:
Arrival: ~10:30
Leave: ~11:00
ShopRite at
10A NJ-23, Montague Township, NJ 07827

Last Stop:
Lunch will be at the carriage house again they seem to have ample parking and seating
Address:
3351 NY-97, Barryville, NY 12719

If anyone gets lost along the way (or only wants to come for lunch) please feel free to head straight to the lunch spot, or meet us there.

F.A.Q (questions I have gotten in the past and have answers to)
- This is a free event, there is no sign up, just show up
- This has always been a free event I have no intention of changing that.
- Traditionally this has been a Porsche Only Event.
- We are not responsible for what you do during the day. The law is the law, the Rally does not endorse speeding or reckless behavior, this is a fun event and there is no winner.
- All plans will be updated on this original post so please check back here for info
- You can spread the word to all Porsche owners you know including local PCA chapter, the more the merrier.
- This is not a PCA event and I would like to keep it that way, the PCA has many rules about their events, not all of which this conforms to. BUT feel free to bring your PCA buddies along and spread the word at your next meeting.
- If you are new to this event, check out the previous years to see what its all about.

ADMINS: can we make this a sticky thread until the event?

HELP WANTED: I know there are a few members here who live in the Port Jervis Area. Since I will be out of the country until that week I would greatly appreciate if someone could swing by the Carriage house and inform them of our arrival for lunch. At this point its been nearly 10 years, one would think they are expecting it...

But most importantly, who's in?

Regards
Dave

Porschenutt 10-04-2019 02:26 PM

Hey Dave, I am in. 356 or 991...?

Dave Colangelo 10-05-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschenutt (Post 10613838)
Hey Dave, I am in. 356 or 991...?

My preference is always for the 356's but considering how late in the month it is this year weather will for sure impact it.

novadia 10-05-2019 04:10 PM

Iím in. Been waiting all year! And this time Iíll have all five gears. Iím across the river in NNJ, youíre welcome to ride with me.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1570317116.jpg

NYNick 10-06-2019 01:11 PM

Brought my 26 year old daughter last year and my 29 year old son the year before. Let's see if I can talk the 31 year old with the 88 911 into coming this year. That car is fast!

danielburko 10-06-2019 01:52 PM

I am in. Looking forward to it!

rmaina 10-09-2019 09:10 AM

I am in but unfortunately will not be able to spend the entire day. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1570637435.JPG

NeedSpace 10-10-2019 08:42 PM

Dave!

Count me in! Well, most likely. My kid has a hockey tournament that weekend but Im hoping for a later game.

Hopefully, i'll have better luck than in 2016...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1480195409.jpg

She's running great now.

Dave Colangelo 10-19-2019 10:30 AM

Bump

rmaina 10-26-2019 09:16 AM

Bump ii

NeedSpace 10-26-2019 12:51 PM

I ran into a guy with a guards red 1980 targa at the gas station and mentioned to him. Hope he brings his wife too, she was almost as knowledgable as he!

Spread the word to Non-pelican guys (or gals) as well.

Dave Colangelo 10-27-2019 01:05 PM

Hey gang, I have updated the times and will be posting this to some other forums tonight. We ran really early last year so I have bumped the start time a little bit this year and we will be departing Rye Playland at 9 A.M. but plan to be there around 8:30 for the usual meet and greet. Keep spreading the word!

Regards
Dave

Dave Colangelo 11-02-2019 06:17 AM

Bump, Im overseas until thanksgiving week, would anyone be able to contact the restaurant and give them a heads up, I know a few of the people on here live quite close and have dropped by in person before?

Regards
Dave

Risingson 11-03-2019 04:51 AM

im in

gsxrken 11-03-2019 07:47 AM

Interested. Made a few of these, missed more of them. Thanks for being the catalyst, Dave.

sugarwood 11-03-2019 12:51 PM

Shout out to the Tri-State Pelicans!

As usual, Sept and Oct were spectacular driving months.
I easily log the most miles on my 911 during these 2 months.

And, just like clockwork, November 1 hits and temps dip into the 30s.
I think there is snow forecast for next week, with temps kissing the 20s!

Got my trickle charger hooked up this week, as another great driving season winds up.
I'll be rooting for a sunny day for your "Polar Bear Club" drive!

Cobalt 11-07-2019 06:11 AM

Sounds like fun but it is 2.5 hour drive for me to the starting place and way too early after all that partying. Is it Ok to meet up at the restaurant which is still a nice 1.5 hour drive.

Dave Colangelo 11-07-2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobalt (Post 10649356)
Sounds like fun but it is 2.5 hour drive for me to the starting place and way too early after all that partying. Is it Ok to meet up at the restaurant which is still a nice 1.5 hour drive.

Of course! People tend to come and go all day so please feel free to meet us at any of the various way points or the end. After lunch some people invariably break off for more driving anyway.

Kraftwerk 11-17-2019 10:10 PM

I would join....if my car was ready, it's close... we will see... otherwise I might show up in a Miata or a BMW or : nExT yEaR!

Don Cichocki 11-18-2019 08:41 AM

Dave,
I'll head up to the Carriage House soon and remind them of our outing. Will let you know when I have it confirmed.
Regards,
Don