Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Front control arm bushings ?

What bushing brand should I get..I see so many types..just street use but want something good..price range is so different.
I want to rebuild the front suspension. It's all original and old
85 911
Pros and cons for each types
Sorry for all the questions.
Tanks
Len
Old 10-11-2019, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Go with Elephant Racing's rubber bushings. They're the only ones that, installed properly, match the OEM quality. Others are sized wrong and move too much on the arms.

Unless you're moving away from rubber bushings entirely (I wouldn't for street use) then just stay with ER's rubber, there's no reason to use something else.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

^ Correct.

ER rubber or OEM.
The Uro units do not fit properly.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I agree. I did just that and could not be happier.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-11-2019, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Many folks aren't aware that we offer two versions of these control arm bushings. Our first-generation bushing (that we've been selling for a long time) is the same durometer as OEM.

We recently released a new HD version (p/n 901 341 421 02K) of our control arm bushings, which are about 30% more firm than OEM-durometer bushings. These HD bushings require considerable heat (boiling water) and some kind of press arrangement to install, and are definitely not a "slip-fit." They're available from Pelican here: https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/UR90134142102KHD.htm?pn=UR-901-341-421-02KHD&bt=Y&fs=0&SVSVSI=0807

Here's what some forum members had to say about the new URO HD bushings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donagain1 View Post
I went with the Uro heavy duty bushings, followed their instructions to the letter, and pushed them right on with no issues. I put the Rennline two ball joints w/nuts, spring washers, and cotter pins incl. kit for $150 bucks, the $42 buck KYB-G-Excel shocks in my Boge struts, new stabilizer bar bushings, and the Lemforder OEM tie rod ends in, and except for the #%^#ing sway bar reinstall everything was a piece of cake. Just got the car realigned today and I can't believe how tight the front end feels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpsalt View Post
I just redid my entire front and rear suspension and opted for the URO bushings for the front and found them on ---------- cheap. There is an install video on Youtube - very easy, heat up in boiling water and press them on. I have a press from harbor freight - made the install very easy. Have about 1,000 miles on them and they are working great. No idea how long they will last, but having completed the job and how easy it was, will have no problem doing it again 5 or more years from now.
* If anyone purchased our standard-durometer bushings in the past and is unhappy with them for any reason, please contact us with your purchase details for a no-charge upgrade to the new HD version.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Reiver

I was extremely happy with the ER rubber that is stock shor hardness....
Old 10-11-2019, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: