Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Photo shop help

Hi everyone working on taking the spacers off my widebody sc can anyone photoshop fuchs from like jack Olsen car. Or even the hard top rsr (unobtainable) wheels on my non hardtop car, whats your vote, thanks Kevin Stewart

Old 01-03-2020, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cars and Cappuccino

Garage
Yes, I vote you get more period correct wheels! Sorry on the ask for help. I could do a butcher job in a photoshop effort but heading out shortly help a buddy with his VW bus. Best to wait for the true pros anyway.
1977 Mexico Blue flared, 3.2, back date, sunroof-delete Coupe - in process.
1972 Black T coupe to Longhood Turbo R5 tribute car (someday)
Old 01-04-2020, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Well, I`d personally go with Cups. Sleek design of the car suts a bit better sleek design of the cups. But hey, when everyone backdates I`m updating )

Old 01-04-2020, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Personal taste of course. But I think it would look stunning with black centers - not petals, and the wing gone.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have been using a 964 cab for many years now , and my biggest gamble when modifying it was adding a rear wing .
As itís hard to see the full effect by looking at pictures or cars at shows and I knew nobody who had a wing on a cab that I could spend a good amount of time looking at , It was a VERY expensive gamble .
I now prefer them with a wing .
With the roof down , they have a big-old-ass that looks worse on a narrow bodied car like mine is .
The wing helps calm this aspect down , so from a side view prospective alone it is worth it .
I used a turbo wing , that doesnít appear to stick out as far due to the extra girth underneath it .
From the back it helps marginally , and from the front you donít even see it .

If anything , Iíd lose the Et head ....
But in all honesty , I donít think that car will ever look ďsubtleĒ ...

Last edited by ian c2; 01-04-2020 at 04:06 PM..
Old 01-04-2020, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stewart View Post
Hi everyone working on taking the spacers off my widebody sc can anyone photoshop fuchs from like jack Olsen car. Or even the hard top rsr (unobtainable) wheels on my non hardtop car, whats your vote, thanks Kevin Stewart

Old 01-04-2020, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM View Post

Wow thank you. Which is your favorite, Kevin Stewart
Old 01-04-2020, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c2 View Post
I have been using a 964 cab for many years now , and my biggest gamble when modifying it was adding a rear wing .
As itís hard to see the full effect by looking at pictures or cars at shows and I knew nobody who had a wing on a cab that I could spend a good amount of time looking at , It was a VERY expensive gamble .
I now prefer them with a wing .
With the roof down , they have a big-old-ass that looks worse on a narrow bodied car like mine is .
The wing helps calm this aspect down , so from a side view prospective alone it is worth it .
I used a turbo wing , that doesnít appear to stick out as far due to the extra girth underneath it .
From the back it helps marginally , and from the front you donít even see it .

If anything , Iíd lose the Et head ....
But in all honesty , I donít think that car will ever look ďsubtleĒ ...
Thanks for the compliments itís actually a 911sc with steel turbo flares and 964 bumpers and tail light been in storage 15 years and just getting back to it. The et light was so I didnít get a third brake light ticket , thanks again , Kevin
Old 01-04-2020, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
Personal taste of course. But I think it would look stunning with black centers - not petals, and the wing gone.
Thanks, I thought about loosing the spoiler but was on the car when I git and just left it on when we painted it, Kevin
Old 01-04-2020, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Wow thank you. Which is your favorite, Kevin Stewart
I like both. Fuchs give a nice retro look but the 3p cups are period correct for 964 body.

Old 01-04-2020, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
Well, I`d personally go with Cups. Sleek design of the car suts a bit better sleek design of the cups. But hey, when everyone backdates I`m updating )

Thanks I like them both the problem is anything I put in will have to either be made or me search out pieces. I do like the photo shop cups. Kevin
Old 01-04-2020, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

These photos may help .
Itís my narrow body car , so wheels will look different in the rear ...

Old 01-04-2020, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks I like them both the problem is anything I put in will have to either be made or me search out pieces. I do like the photo shop cups. Kevin
there you go. whatever you dream of
https://www.augmentwheels.com/pages/porsche-inspired
Old 01-04-2020, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

996 turbo wheels would look nice on your car imo as well.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c2 View Post
These photos may help .
Itís my narrow body car , so wheels will look different in the rear ...

Hi what brand wheels are on your car?. Kevin
Old 01-05-2020, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Porsche Motorsport speedlines
Old 01-06-2020, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
+1 on the cups
Old 01-07-2020, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I'm a big Fuchs guy, but they really do not work on your car.

+1 on the cups.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: