Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'88 Dash Removal - stuck on the passenger side

Hi
I'm in the process of removing my dash.
Got the gauges out, and removed the first four nuts (starting from the driver's side moving right) without any issues.

To get to the remaining three nuts I assume the glove box needs to come out to gain access to them.
To remove the glove box I assume the lower knee pad needs to come off, but I cannot figure out how to get the knee pad off. There was a Phillips screw near the door I removed, and one next to the ashtray, but it is still firmly secured.

Can anyone advise what I'm missing?

Thanks!

'88 Carrera Targa
'10 Carrera S
Old 01-07-2020, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
There are a couple (I think two) nuts (7mm I think) behind the right knee pad piece. You should be able to feel the nuts and studs if you run your hand behind the pad.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If removing the dash only you do not need to pull the knee pad out. you can go in through the trunk to reach the passenger side nuts holding the dash in. you can also remove the glove box light and reach up through there to access a couple of them.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks so much for the advice. I didn't realize the remaining three nuts on the passenger side were accessible through the trunk. Saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

'88 Carrera Targa
'10 Carrera S
Old 01-08-2020, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: