Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Modern blade fuse comparisons

Looking at upgrading the fuse panel with a modern blade system. I have an '87 930. I know Classic Retrofit is pretty active here on Pelican but does anyone have any comparisons between the Classic Retrofit panel and CDD Autogear and Adapt Motorsports panels? In order of pricing, from high to low, it looks like it's Classic Retrofit, CDD and then Adapt Motorsports. My question is on quality.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
CDD Autogear is high quality. Its also made in the US. I have no experience with the other options.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I used the Classic Retro panels on my 930. It worked well.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys. If anyone else has used any of them, interested in hearing about your experience on the install as well as how they've held up over time.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I run CRF on my cars. I like their LED's and one of them has been in for multiple years......works great.
2001 996 Turbo - ~42k miles
Old 04-22-2020, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Caveman Hammer Mechanic

Garage
I used the CCD, painless and owner is super responsive. Would do over in a second for the next car. The quality of the CCD panels are aircraft/OEM quality far superior to the stuff it replaced. Dont forget to source a selection of wire thimbles to replace the ones missing or clapped out. My wires that were corroded were trimmed and stripped to proper length prior to replacement.
Classic for my upgraded alternator:
https://www.classicretrofit.com/collections/upgraded-alternators/products/porsche-911-high-output-150a-alternator
Lighter, modern alternator, driven by Clewett upgraded pulley and belt system.
My car lives outside in a covered carport, if my car sat for a few days, the original ceramic fuses would corrode and cause electrical weirdness. I carried a red scotchbrite pad in my tool kit to burnish the fuses and contacts. After the CCD my car can sit for weeks(covid19) and fire right up with none of the grief from the fuse panel.
"America is all about speed. Hot,nasty, bad ass speed."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Last edited by ClickClickBoom; 04-22-2020 at 08:33 AM..
Old 04-22-2020, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Cr@pcan Rescuer

Garage
Here's my experience installing the Adapt Motorsport unit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLYsd7sAQs

I havent had much seat time with it installed but so far no issues. I may pop in and update as my mileage increases. Seems like a solid unit.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: