Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
'75 911 cabin air flow

I have a '75 911S coupe with the air conditioning removed (how I purchased it). I live in CA and it can get pretty warm while I'm driving, so I like to direct some air in the cabin.

When I select the climate control valve to direct air towards the floor, I get pretty good flow. If I set the lever to have the air come out of the two tiny side vents and the defrosters it is pretty anemic. It this normal for a Porsche? I can hear the blower motor working, but it does not produce much felt air flow. Is my blower motor kaput?

Any ideas would help.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2020, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Clark Mc

Garage
Check all the hoses in the front of the car. I had a similar problem just after I got the car from my son. Mine still has all the AC installed (doesn't work though - another project at some point). Checking all the vent connections in the front, I found that a couple of the large vent hoses were disconnected or rotted. Once replaced and reconnected I get great airflow (while moving) through the defroster vents and dash vents.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Once you get the side vents and defrost sorted, you should install a Kool'n Duct: Kool'n Duct - 911 Under dash duct for better air flow

No affiliation, just another happy customer. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2020, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Crack the pop out windows. Makes all the difference. Top lever on fresh air blower all the way to the right. Second lever to the "Up" arrow"

Check out my 75 and 77 911S build threads
Old 05-07-2020, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
cycling has-been

here's a simple - easy-to-understand - explaination (with schematic) -

any questions?
Bill K
Old 05-08-2020, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Still here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkreigsr View Post
any questions?
Bill K
As a matter of fact, yes, if you can translate that Stuttgart-speak or a poor attempt at translation from German for us, I have one. WTH do they mean by maximum ventilation when the fresh airflow is shut off ? Everytime I read that page, it's a head scratcher.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Bill - Those instructions don't quite apply to a '75. No center vents. The fan and outside air controls are combined on the same lever.

I agree - check hoses to make sure they're not disconnected.

Something I did when I removed my AC was to leave the below-the-dash vents. I gutted the evaporator box, left the fan, and ran a duct from the front condenser fan inlet to the evap box. Lots of air flow in the summer...
Old 05-09-2020, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

open windows
open rear pop outs
adjust cool air to feet

DRIVE FASTER
Old 05-11-2020, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

If it gets hot, just pull the clock out, you'll get WAY more airflow.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Here is a thread where they use a dash vent from a 2004 Ford F150 to replace the clock. Has directional vanes, rotates 360 and can be "closed".

Ford part number is # 4L3H-19893-AJW

Old 05-11-2020, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: