Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Anyone sell slotted 930 rear rotors?

I'm installing a brake upgrade in my '85 Carrera (964 front and rear calipers, Coleman Racing custom front rotors and hats). Coleman does not have a front rotor blank with holes cast in like the Porsche rotors, can only drill the holes which I'd prefer not to do because of the cracking issues. They charge an extra $70 per rotor for the drill as well. They will slot them for $15 which I would prefer, but cannot find a slotted rear 930 28mm rotor to match the fronts. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

Old 05-11-2020, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Senior Advisor

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to James Brown
works911 might have some or VCI Brakes can hook you up
Old 05-11-2020, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
StopTech has slotted rotors for front and rear. I'm not sure if you need 85 or a different year due to the caliper change.

https://www.apcautotech.com/automotive-and-light-truck-search/1985/porsche/911/braking-systems?b=StopTech
Old 05-11-2020, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I need a 310mm x 28mm standard 1980's 930 rear rotor, does not look like StopTech has a slotted version. Summit Racing seems to be the biggest supplier of StopTech rotors and not finding anything on their site.

Anyone have a part number?
Old 05-11-2020, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdunham View Post
I need a 310mm x 28mm standard 1980's 930 rear rotor, does not look like StopTech has a slotted version. Summit Racing seems to be the biggest supplier of StopTech rotors and not finding anything on their site.

Anyone have a part number?
I've never seen a slotted '78 up 930 rear

The issue is the parking brake, you can make 330mm and larger w/ a parking brake in a 2 piece design but nothing smaller and the market for 1 piece integral p/b in the correct size is too small to service

The drilled aren't anywhere near the issue in back as they are in front in terms of cracking
Old 05-11-2020, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I think I've been running my drilled/slotted rotors for around 5 years on my 72 coupe. I believe I got them from R1 concepts. All four wheels. My car is 9:1 power to weight. It weights 2200lbs. I went to these rotors when some of the tracks I drove, track days, I'd notice some fade when there wasn't enough time to cool. I went to the drilled an slotted, maybe some overkill, and also took the "M" caliper off the front and put on the caliper from the SC. It's about 20 5 more swept area. Now the only limitation is the tire.

McMinnville, Ore
Old 05-16-2020, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: