Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Help with defrost/fog switch wiring on an 82

Hi there. I have an errant white/green wire with a double connector on it loose in my dash. It comes out of a bundle that also has a white/black and a black wire, both going to the defrost switch. None of this matches the colors in my Bentley manual, though, so Iím confused. I do have a rear defrost, no front. There is a free terminal, labeled III, on the switch.

Does anyone have a proper wiring diagram for an 82, or happen to have their blower out to take a look at theirs?

Briefly, there is also an unused terminal on the back of the fog switch. I donít have rear fogs, so not sure if itís for that...

Any help appreciated! Iíve read a bunch of posts here but none that quite cover me...

Old 05-11-2020, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
White/green “spare” is for the Rear fog lamp for euro cars.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Amazing. Thank you. Does it go to the terminal on the switch that is currently open? Note that I don’t have the switch that turns clockwise after it pulls out (I assume that’s how the rear dogs work...sort of like the windshield defroster)? And also..is there a good diagram of how the rear is wired from the switch? I’ve searched high and low...
Old 05-11-2020, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
That wire runs directly to the drivers side 6 pin plug to the tail lights.
If you look at the tail light harness there is likely a bundle of 2 wires tied off that would run to the lamp.
ROW supplemental diagrams would show it, US versions do not.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: