Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
77 Restorer

Garage
rear reflector

Hi all:
I think i posted to the wrong forum before - have a '77 911 Targa that I'm restoring. My rear center reflector had been double taped on by previous owner, and when I removed it - just had the 1.25 x 2 cm rectangular holes - no clips or anything else there. Bought a replacement, which has the cylindrical plastic bushings with what appears to be M4 screw threads protruding out. What parts/part numbers do I need to install the replacement? I know I have to remove the muffler and heat shield, but I don't know what other pieces should be in those rectangular holes to secure the reflector.

Thank you for any help - I've searched the forums and so far only have seen the clip on versions discussed.

Bert

Old 06-01-2020, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
77 Restorer

Garage
Just a follow up on this - having an IROC rear bumper, by only removing the bumper, I was able to access all the screws holding in the heat shield, and could slide it out easily. There was enough room to put in the hose/nylon spacer and washer/nut of the center reflector, without the requirement to remove the muffler. So for anyone who searches this thread in the future, just wanted to add that detail that might help another of the brother/sisterhood put in their reflector. Thanks to those who let me know how to secure the center reflector!
Old 06-25-2020, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks for the great info. That is on my things to do list. Much appreciated.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1977 911s targa , 911 rear ctr reflector