Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Sunroof Wind Deflector Installation - help required

Having purchased a replacement kit, made of metal so expensive that the car's value has just doubled, I'm loath to attempt installation without any instructions or guidance. I've search the web and can't find anything showing the process from end to end. The kit is one of those Golde replacements (3 deflector pieces, 4 hinges and 2 springs) going on a SC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Old 07-03-2020, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Took my entire car apart down to bare shell. 79 SC. The wind deflector simply screwed out and came out piece by piece. Don’t recall anything tricky at all about taking it in or out. Did also replace the felt pieces that were under it. You may want to have those on hand as well.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the reply. Did you dismantle the deflector; hinges taken off spring? I have new springs and new hinges. It's the install of those bits that I'm concerned about. Cheers

Old 07-04-2020, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
911 sc , deflector , sunroof