Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
3.0L Dual MFI Pump Salt Flat Car

Spotted this on Sambia and the fuel system is like nothing I have ever seen. Appears to have upper and lower injectors with two pumps.
Anyone have any info on this?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2305683

Old 08-06-2020, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Wow. That's crazy!!!
Old 08-06-2020, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry to see Tom selling his Salt Flat 911. I built the dual MFI pumps. The main pump runs all the time and the second pump comes in @ around 4000 rpm.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356RS View Post
Sorry to see Tom selling his Salt Flat 911. I built the dual MFI pumps. The main pump runs all the time and the second pump comes in @ around 4000 rpm.
Very Cool. How is the second pump delayed or activated?
Its neat that he didn't just put EFI on the car and went with a mechanical injection system. Was that decision to meet a class rule?
Old 08-07-2020, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
It's a 914 ...

I recall seeing that car in VW&Porsche or European Car many years ago. Big hp there.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
2nd pump activated buy boost control. Stop solenoid keeps 2nd pump off till the set boost is reached then 2nd pump fuel flow is mapped up (space cam mod) to meet the main MFI pumps flow then together the flows are very adequate to meet the turbos boost pressure.
I don't recall the class rules.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356RS View Post
2nd pump activated buy boost control. Stop solenoid keeps 2nd pump off till the set boost is reached then 2nd pump fuel flow is mapped up (space cam mod) to meet the main MFI pumps flow then together the flows are very adequate to meet the turbos boost pressure.
I don't recall the class rules.
That's pretty cool. Thanks for the explanation. I imagine the boost pressures are pretty high, I bet the higher injection pressures of the MFI system are a big advantage in this regard.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: