Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Targa_PB_78_SC

Garage
Pictures of trunk latch installed please

Trying to determine a position for trunk latch bolts as best I can. My new used latched worked at first now it wont allow the trunk to open. Ive since tightened some things and Im looking for other bolt position pictures (From working trunks) like my following;
These pics are upside down, no wonder the trunk was stuck!

Last edited by mike sampsel; 09-02-2020 at 01:36 PM..
Old 09-02-2020, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Targa_PB_78_SC

Garage
Well I was able to fix my issue. I made sure the cable was quick to operate the catch. It was.
Then I raised the passenger side up a tad and it closed but would not open with the T bar, however with a slight bit of pressure under the trunk lip, (used a wood shim) I opened the trunk. Then I raised it a tad more and the it would not close, so I lowered it half a tad, and it closed and the T handle snaps it open. Worked on 6-6 tries. Thanks for all who read and got a chuckle of my predicament. I did not want to take the gas tank out for this, or anything other reason else for that matter.

Here is the final working bolt position for what it's worth.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: