Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
1972 911T air intake hose question

Hi again folks.
I have a question about the hose that connects to the bottom of the air intake housing.
It was missing or removed from this car when I got it.
I bought a new hose and connected it to what I thought looked like the obvious place.
I am not sure where that connection comes from or goes to?
See photos.
Thanks,
Larry

Old 09-03-2020, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Hi,
It looks to be an MFI, so I would think it's the drain hose on the air intake. I have a hole where your black hose is attached in the 2nd pict (1972S). That's where the drain hose (attached to the nipple in the 1st photo) goes. The small black hose is much longer than yours, and fed through the hole as the air filter housing is put in place.

Hope this helps,

Dario
Old 09-03-2020, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks Dario,
I thought it must be a drain because the connection on the air intake housing is located at the very bottom.
Take care.
Larry
Old 09-03-2020, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Even a Bad day is good

Garage
That connects to a hose that is cinnected to a drain pipe on the starter side of the firewall. The drain pipe has a rubber seal that is fashioned to slowly let any liquid drain

Old 10-17-2020, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: