Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Designer King

Loosening CIS Fuel Injector Lines Question

I'm about to replace the O rings on my injectors. The tech article recommends that I separate the plastic line (which I have) from the injector before removing it. Before I do something silly I want to verify the direction of rotation for the connector and injector.

It seems to me that the correct way to loosen the two is as shown in this pic. I would appreciate it if someone had a look and verified that I have this correct.

Thanks.

Yellow 77 Sunroof Coupe/cork interior; 3.2L '80 SC engine/10.3:1/No O2; Carrera Tensioners; 11 Blade Fan; Turbo tie rods; Bilstein B6; 28 tube Cooler; SSI, Dansk; MSD/Blaster; 16x7" Fuchs/205/50 Goodrich G Force Sport Comp 2; PCA/UCR, MID9
Never leave well enough alone
Old 09-30-2020, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Fuel injector lines........

Paul,

The picture shows the correct position of the wrenches. Let the 14-mm wrench on the left and 12-mm wrench on the right to form a V-configuration and squeeze them together. You must be getting old like me. Sometimes I have to ask my wife to help me find the tool/s I was using earlier and have no idea where it went. Or it was on the work bench but did not see it. Stay safe and healthy.

Tony
Old 09-30-2020, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Designer King

Thanks for verifying Tony.
Yellow 77 Sunroof Coupe/cork interior; 3.2L '80 SC engine/10.3:1/No O2; Carrera Tensioners; 11 Blade Fan; Turbo tie rods; Bilstein B6; 28 tube Cooler; SSI, Dansk; MSD/Blaster; 16x7" Fuchs/205/50 Goodrich G Force Sport Comp 2; PCA/UCR, MID9
Old 09-30-2020, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Wildman Emeritus

I was surprised at how tight a couple of these were when I replaced my injectors and lines a few months ago. Vandals must have broken in and tightened them to vex me. They certainly were not leaking.
I tried the least easily accessed injector first with the 2 wrench method and then decided to remove everything at the FD as it was a bear to break the nuts loose in situ. Took them to the vise and clamped one side in the vise and then broke them loose as I wanted to save the injectors, just in case.
Hopefully, no busted knuckles in your case.
2018 BMW X1- Wife's
2000 Boxter - Sold
Old 10-01-2020, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Designer King

Good tip. Thanks Mike.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Porsche Crest

Tony-

Your comment above sounds very familiar to me. Got a good laugh about it.

With the Ball & Cone design of these fittings, no need to tighten them too much. Snug plus a little is the rule of thumb I follow.

Same with the Big Oil Lines, except with them you MUST use anti-seize on the threads, JUST the threads.

Len

Old 10-02-2020, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterGT View Post

Tony-

Your comment above sounds very familiar to me. Got a good laugh about it.

With the Ball & Cone design of these fittings, no need to tighten them too much. Snug plus a little is the rule of thumb I follow.

Same with the Big Oil Lines, except with them you MUST use anti-seize on the threads, JUST the threads.

Len

Len,

We are probably the two oldest members that are very active in this forum. With the amount of work waiting to be completed, I could stay in my basement for the next 12 months doing the things we both enjoy. Stay safe and healthy.

Tony
Old 10-02-2020, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Designer King

Just how old are you two? 72 here.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulporsche View Post
Just how old are you two? 72 here.
Last time Len and I met at Hershey, we were at the same age. And I was born in 1943. I play pickle ball Monday-Wednesday-Friday (3 hours each time) and tennis Tuesday & Thursday (2 hours each time) against players younger than my children. Most of my contemporary are not playing anymore either due to poor physical condition or health and worse they passed away. I am blessed and fortunate to be able to do things in life most people have taken for granted.

Tony

Last edited by boyt911sc; 10-03-2020 at 02:14 PM..
Old 10-03-2020, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Designer King

So you're both 5 yrs older than me.

It's great that you're able to be so active, Tony.

BTW I lost 50 lb about 2 1/2 years ago and have kept just about all of it off. Made a huge difference in the quality of my life.

Keep up the activity and stay safe.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: