Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Local Cars & Coffee, Guy Starts Harassing Me For Owning Porsche

At local cars & coffee this weekend. Guy wearing vet hat and pins asks who owns this Porsche? Starts asking all kinds of engine build technical questions. Then says he has a real love hate feeling about these cars. Asks me if I know why? Then gets weird/angry and says the guy who designed it was hitlers boy. He designed the tiger tank and a GREAT BUG. Then walks off mumbling some bs. This ever happen to any of you? Then he gets in his vintage Datsun Z and drives off. Btw anyone see the hypocrisy? Lol

Old 10-26-2020, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
House of the Rising Sun!

Needed a good Monday morning belly laugh! That's awesome

"Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed"

Silver 1984 M491 Sunroof Coupe
Old 10-26-2020, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

He’s ignorant.

Unfortunately you didn’t know what kind of car he was driving beforehand but if something similar happens again and the guy owns a Japanese car enlighten him by mentioning the Rape of Nanking.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
With ignorance, simple is best.....go with Pearl Harbor.

Actually, I'd avoid this guy at all cost.

"Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed"

Silver 1984 M491 Sunroof Coupe
Old 10-26-2020, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Just happy to be here.

Garage
Might I suggest he see someone about his issues......
Old 10-26-2020, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
let's not talk further about the "bad".
The "good" is so obvious, that we forget to focus on it.

Now let's get out and drive!

Cheers!
Old 10-26-2020, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
There is one in every crowd............
Old 10-26-2020, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Our PCA region had a drive on Saturday to Robber’s Cave state park. I was the only air cooled car in the tour. Lots of new stuff.
As we parked two different people asked about my car and I told them it was an 85. I heard several people say it was the coolest one of our group, the rest were too new.

I had to agree.

I have had several people over the years claiming Hitler connection, yet drive Japanese cars. Seems silly.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-26-2020, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

He brings up Hitler? You just walk away.
Two-wheel art: Ducati 907IE, Ducati 851
Old 10-26-2020, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Not joking. Everyone loved the Slantnose. One guy said if they gave out trophies for best car of the day…. It just arrived! There were Lambos & Ferrari’s at that one. I was like thank you so much! Another very young kid was smelling the interior and engine. He said I love the smell of old Porsche interiors and oil/air cooled engine. He was having his girlfriend smell the engine. Was like ooohhhh do you smell that? do you smell it? Ahhhh smells so good… I almost fell on the ground laughing. Was having a great day until that idiot happened.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flojo View Post
let's not talk further about the "bad".
The "good" is so obvious, that we forget to focus on it.

Now let's get out and drive!

Cheers!
Yes! Focus on the good! Way too much bad already in the world.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

another reason why I keep my interactions brief with anyone at a car show or C&C, just try to be as cold and impersonal as possible and respond with a mix of "oh yeah" but I blur the line between an "oh yeah"? like its a question and "oh yeah" like I agree or "oh yeah" like I'm indifferent and just want to enjoy my coffee and look at cars
Old 10-26-2020, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Registered

I would have agreed with him, a 911 is lot like a Tiger tank...

It is overly expensive
It is overly complicated
It is not very reliable
But when it runs, look out
Old 10-26-2020, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Racer

911 cars are nothing like Tiger tanks.....
PCA GT-3R #3
Old 10-26-2020, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Tigers are the guys driving them
McMinnville, Ore
Old 10-26-2020, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

It's relatively easy to buy from a showroom and be an automatic car dude.

Sherwood
Old 10-26-2020, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Dumbass. At least there does seem to be less and less of this as time goes on, thankfully. I used to get a lot of people pointing out what wasn’t “correct“ on my 1969 Mach 1 too, but that’s also died down.

I pulled into our local Starbucks Sunday and there was a pop-up cars and coffee with a bunch of Lambo’s and very low BMWs crowd. Lot of sideways baseball caps etc. I cringed a little when they walked over but the 930 got nothing but respect. I guess they don’t see too many of them and they were excited to see something unusual. So essentially the opposite of your story, lol.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Eva

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM View Post
At local cars & coffee this weekend. Guy wearing vet hat and pins asks who owns this Porsche? Starts asking all kinds of engine build technical questions. Then says he has a real love hate feeling about these cars. Asks me if I know why? Then gets weird/angry and says the guy who designed it was hitlers boy. He designed the tiger tank and a GREAT BUG. Then walks off mumbling some bs. This ever happen to any of you? Then he gets in his vintage Datsun Z and drives off. Btw anyone see the hypocrisy? Lol
Where was this in CT!?

Imagine living everyday with that kind of anger in your life...awful.

What a clown LOL

"The car has been the cave wall on which Industrial Man has painted his longings and desires." -Eddie Alterman-
Old 10-26-2020, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM View Post
At least he wasn’t in an Eclipse or 3000GT.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Banned

Butzi

Old 10-26-2020, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: