LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Contact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker537 View Post
I want to give a shout out to Larry at Weber Carb Parts, PMO Carburetors and Parts, Porsche Posters, engine oil testing as another option.

Customer service is top notch and he's a member here as well.
Have you tried to contact these guys recently? I e-mailed and called them in September - but they never responded. Was looking to buy a few PMO parts (gaskets).

Too bad - appears they are just south of me in Richmond, VA.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo2 View Post
Have you tried to contact these guys recently? I e-mailed and called them in September - but they never responded. Was looking to buy a few PMO parts (gaskets).

Too bad - appears they are just south of me in Richmond, VA.
Yes I have. I purchased a bunch of stuff a few months ago.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker537 View Post
I want to give a shout out to Larry at Weber Carb Parts, PMO Carburetors and Parts, Porsche Posters, engine oil testing as another option.

Customer service is top notch and he's a member here as well.
I second this as I had a great experience with Larry!
Old 11-03-2020, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

I have sent an email to the second address and all seems fine.
Also sent a fax.
Thanks for all your help.
Lyndon
Old 11-03-2020, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hi Dan,
I'm sorry you were unable to reach me - I'm disabled and getting to the phone is a challenge at times. True, I am in Chester - so we're neighbors! Unfortunately, I have very little in the way of inventory here but will be happy to help you with anything you need. I am a distributor for PMO and can have anything they sell drop shipped to you. It usually takes 3-4 days for parts to get from PMO to me using standard USPS. Unfortunately, like every else, PMO has been impacted by COVID and additional time must be allowed for parts. Please email me at Info@youroil.net and hopefully I'll be able to help you?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Larry
74 911

Last edited by l_turn9; 11-03-2020 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: hit send too soon/spelling
Old 11-03-2020, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Im known for saying "I don't have fax where I live" And when asked where I live I say "2020"

Fax is stupid and a complete waste of time.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_turn9 View Post

I look forward to hearing from you!
Larry
74 911
Awesome Larry - sorry we werenít able to link up.

Will reach out to you for parts next time Iím fooling with my carbs.

Gordo
Old 11-03-2020, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks Gordo! Please PM me or contact me at Info@youroil.net when you get a minute..
Larry
youroil.net
Old 11-04-2020, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

I have been in touch with Richard. Very prompt response. I believe we have it all sorted and parts are in stock.
Lyndon
Old 11-04-2020, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

Arrived today
Well packed
Complete
Correct and surburbly made.
Also a great price.
Lyndon
Old 11-22-2020, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Very nice!
Old 11-22-2020, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Gasket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndon302 View Post
Does a gasket belong on top of the air filter base / directly below the air horns?

Mine are installed below the air filter base / on the surface of the carburetor top plate.

Possibly no difference for performance / fitment - but I've never seen the gasket installed as you have in the photo.

BTW - those carbs are works of beauty...

Gordo

Last edited by Gordo2; 11-23-2020 at 06:00 PM..
Old 11-23-2020, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

I've got a gasket top and bottom. As I've got lots of then. I can't see it doing any harm. If it is please let me know and I will remove them.
Lyndon
Old 11-23-2020, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have been asked this question a number of times, and after looking at many 40IDA diagrams, I have found none that show gaskets under the air horns. But, as you say, it doesn't seem they would do any harm.
Larry
Youroil.net
Info@youroil.net
Old 11-23-2020, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
I'm running a gasket under each air horn, but individuals, not the long one you show that goes under the plate. I think they came in my rebuild kit, though I bought other ones from a vendor. Makes sense as the tolerance between the air horns and air filter plate isn't exact. Seems like you would want all air coming through the velocity stack and not via the sides of the bottom of the air horn and air filter plate.

Also Larry (l_turn9) is great to deal with. I bought my PMO stuff through him.

I've also talked to Richard at PMO. Helpful and courteous.

Check out my 75 and 77 911S build threads
Old 11-24-2020, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Registered

At first it seemed odd that Richard wanted a fax

But now I get it: 1) written instructions. 2) can get stuff done. 3) call when at a natural break.

I Have his email and phone number, but I respect his business model.

I have bought many things from him, and he always called within a day of the fax. Normally that afternoon.

I can understand the fax issue too. But I think there are apps that do that now.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: