Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Wildman Emeritus

Have fun replacing the switch as it is a bit of a pain in the back and neck working under the dash in a cramped space. I found it easier to pull the entire mechanism and then replace the electrical side on the bench. Access to the screws holding it together was just not going to be easy in situ, at least not for my basketball palming hands.
Mine died on a road trip to our annual college Old Boy's Rugby weekend. You can imagine how much crap I took about having to park on an incline or push start my Porch. At least it could be started.

2018 BMW X1- Wife's
2000 Boxter - Sold
Old 11-21-2020, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Andrew View Post
Have fun replacing the switch as it is a bit of a pain in the back and neck working under the dash in a cramped space. I found it easier to pull the entire mechanism and then replace the electrical side on the bench. Access to the screws holding it together was just not going to be easy in situ, at least not for my basketball palming hands.
Mine died on a road trip to our annual college Old Boy's Rugby weekend. You can imagine how much crap I took about having to park on an incline or push start my Porch. At least it could be started.
At least I was alone when mine happened away from any ridicule! Ha. By some miracle Iíve actually already managed to remove it in situ with my gorilla hands. Took the seat out, and lay down in a child birthing sort of position and used a longer bit and a tiny wrench and managed to undo the top screw.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
people from Carlsbad are basically crafty;-) good job...;-)

Ivan

Old 11-21-2020, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: