Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
What covers this?

Anyone know what covers the hole to the right of the linkage? Where to find it or just make it? Its in the smugglers box on a 1970 911 Targa Thanks......

Old 11-20-2020, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Nothing that I'm aware of.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
makes for a good mouse attack hole
Old 11-20-2020, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
AC lines snake through the hole if you had AC.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have always wondered what guys do for this. Its a direct entrance to the trunk area for mice or rats.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Insert housing accommodations for a gopher snake and/or cover the opening with a piece of plastic or metal, then seal. Snake is optional but most effective solution.

Sherwood
Old 11-21-2020, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911pcars View Post
Insert housing accommodations for a gopher snake and/or cover the opening with a piece of plastic or metal, then seal. Snake is optional but most effective solution.

Sherwood
lol ........ until the wife opens it ...
Old 11-22-2020, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
As far as I have been able to find there was a piece of foam in that hole from that factory. It disintegrates over time and has been long gone in most cars. I am trying to find some foam (
At Home Depot etc) to replace it.
2001 996 Turbo - ~42k miles
Old 11-24-2020, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Hunter View Post
As far as I have been able to find there was a piece of foam in that hole from that factory. It disintegrates over time and has been long gone in most cars. I am trying to find some foam (
At Home Depot etc) to replace it.
Foam might provide minimal resistance to the rats I know. They’re known to chew through wire insulation. Those plastic (not styrofoam) take out containers seem like a likely border wall material in this application; flexible but not edible AFAIK. A spritz of bear or coyote urine wouldn’t hurt either.

Sherwood

Old 11-24-2020, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: