Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
High Beams Not WOrking

Hello all -
My '74 911 has a new SWK Turn Signal Switch (new last year) which worked great until recently. I have been unable to drive for a while so mostly it sits in the garage. On a rare occasion my wife will drive us somewhere to exercise it a little.
Anyway, recently I noticed the HB's no longer work. They work using the Flash Mode (pulling stalk toward me), but putting the stalk in the HB position gets nothing.

I Have read/studied the thread that shows bending the contacts to get things working again and I pulled my steering wheel to check the position of them, but they are positioned as they should be looking at the photo's in the excellent thread on this topic. The primary contact touches only one (the right one) at a time so now I'm baffled.

So I'm wondering if there's something else to look at? A few years ago I put relays in the Headlight circuits (IOW, I'm familiar with the lighting systems) and things worked great after that.

Thanks,
Larry
74 911
Youroil.net

Old 01-25-2021, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
ROW '78 911 Targa

Garage
My new stalk needed to be adjusted after about the same time frame.
I have the relays as well.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The contacts may look like they're touching but check them with an ohm meter. I bet they are not making contact.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Save your switch. drive the lights with relays.

Old 01-27-2021, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: