Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Oooohhhmmmm......

Garage
Peachstate PCA

They had a Cars and Coffee get together in Atlanta. I motored down and met new people. VERY cold day. It seems that the PCA club magazine is PDF only. Unfortunate as I always like a hard copy.

I finally met Marc aka "Rattlesnake" and his neato torpedo GT3. My raggedyassed SC made it into the club magazine/PDF in two places. Kinda like making the cover of the Rolling Stone.

https://u2372177.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=Z1AMdjIfEfnONK6655p0hLfPrTUpmBmwEHuFBFya l7bUZyhU78-2BT3XwxVi995N-2BmdNLpC32Rrhq-2BRv1Nz444bdc8sYcCO9rL53dDqu2Ew8KmAafIf0yljdswpy36 2ZRgeO50_bCYlnkHJB0xZthe72fFcJnv3Z4Tbo6cRb97yqFP6d zJpPiSZadvuh2QlQcf0U8h7FsDMB7P8esSEw7SUBeJPG-2Boh-2Fq4UdegXNDyWW5pL95Flbx8fcn-2BGAqpPYBm0BZnYcD35llLrcgE-2FxOAZkp0a0awx0tc2aGj0Lvj2CwRHQzgXCzkxC-2Bj52kNjmO1-2BAoQhUK4NQH5ch-2BOwK8ACXRJhz8FRUSlSnIrdYzdz4Pn2K8o-3D

Odd thing, no members want ads. The one place that anyone has recommended for convertible top replacement has a ad, but won't touch anything pre 1990.

So if anyone has a recommendation for a shop that will stoop to working on an SC, please drop me a line. Preferably North of Atlanta.

Looks like a few events I will try to make if they don't require DE rules for AX like some Snotty Bastages (San Diego) tried to pull on me....arm restraints AND the top up.....wankers. They also dequeued me once because my seat belts were out date....not mention, there is NO date on them.

I also met the PCA racing chair in a Walgreens parking lot. Everyone stares at at it and ask, what year is that? I tell them to look at the mirrors. Then they clue in.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I would think that rascal Rattlesnake could offer some cab top recommendations
The two I have heard of are Mad Stitcher's (Chamblee) & Marietta Auto Trim.
'88 Carrera Cab 3.2 Diamond Blue Metallic - ERP Polybronze Bushings, ERP Monoballs, SW Chip, Bilstein Sports, 930S Steering Wheel, DAS Rollbar, Sparco 5pt Harness, Hunsaker Sport Seats, Dansk Pre-Muffler, MK 1in-1out Exhaust, Magnecor KV8.5 Wires
'86 944NA, Sunroof Delete, Track Rat, Full Cage
'72 914 1.7 Guards Red / '02 Audi S4 Light Silver Metallic
Old 04-05-2021, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Oh, and unless things have changed in the last year (I didn't AX in 2020), the AX events are well run, fun events, and you should be able to go topless...
'88 Carrera Cab 3.2 Diamond Blue Metallic - ERP Polybronze Bushings, ERP Monoballs, SW Chip, Bilstein Sports, 930S Steering Wheel, DAS Rollbar, Sparco 5pt Harness, Hunsaker Sport Seats, Dansk Pre-Muffler, MK 1in-1out Exhaust, Magnecor KV8.5 Wires
Old 04-05-2021, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Oooohhhmmmm......

Garage
What about bunny ears duct taped to my helmet?

RS came up with another shop. have it looked at first.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
What about bunny ears duct taped to my helmet?
As long as they meet the "broomstick" rule, I would think you are good to go...!

Last edited by aj88cab; 04-06-2021 at 06:08 AM..
Old 04-05-2021, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Complete Interior Restoration in Chamblee www.completeinteriorrestoration.com.
Gary did top replacements for Brumos Atlanta when I worked there
Old 04-05-2021, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
mechanic by night

Just to clue you in on the ax aspect of peachstate. Right now the gear trailer is parked in my driveway. You will not find my name attatched anywhere. Somebody has to do the grunt work...that would be me.

We are pretty chill on the tech/top thing. Just clear out your flotsam and floormats.

We have a pretty good participation. For sundays event we have almost 100 entrants. If we can avoid timing and computer issues we can get that many drivers 10 runs and be done by 1500-1400.

I will be there longer. I am the first to arrive and the last to leave. We do our best to pull off a quality ax event. Basically we succede.

The other diciplines...i am not so connected but as far as de goes it seems reasonable.

Give our ax a shot. With that many entrants, and that was typical last season, we might be doing something right.
06 subaru legacy spec B
91 track miata
Old 04-07-2021, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
mechanic by night

I should add, that time frame is with a 60-70 sec (ish) run.
06 subaru legacy spec B
91 track miata
Old 04-07-2021, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
^^ t.e.?
Old 04-07-2021, 11:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
El Duderino

Garage
There is a Peachstate PCA Facebook page. I’m not sure if there is much traction but people seem to sell stuff on there. I’ve got a bunch of stuff I’ve collected that I need to get rid of.

There used to be a big swap meet in the fall. Before the rona it was held up at Ray Morgan’s place in Jasper. (VMR) I hope it comes back. I don’t think it was an official PCA thing but it was always advertised.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy car parts which is kind of the same thing.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
El Duderino

Garage
Is Gus still around? His cab reminded me of JB’s, except it was a reddish burgundy color. He squeezed a varioram in there. That car would scoot.

I was helping out as a corner worker one time and there was a new guy that didn’t understand the course. He was from some other car club. Super arrogant and his driving ability was inversely proportional to his confidence. He kept driving the wrong way and almost hit me, another guy and another driver. The dude was a hazard.

We stopped the session and went back to make sure “everyone” was clear on the course. Gus put the guy in his car and drove him around the course so he could understand it. At first, I thought he was far more gracious and diplomatic than I would’ve been. When Gus pulled up at the end, the guy looked like he’d just come face to face with the Almighty. I don’t think he knew it was possible to drive a car like that until that ride along. The tail was definitely tucked. I think the guy just packed up and left after that.

Organizing and running AX requires a skill working with the public that I do not possess. Hats off to those of you who do give your time.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy car parts which is kind of the same thing.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Oooohhhmmmm......

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by supdaf View Post
Just to clue you in on the ax aspect of peachstate. Right now the gear trailer is parked in my driveway. You will not find my name attatched anywhere. Somebody has to do the grunt work...that would be me.

We are pretty chill on the tech/top thing. Just clear out your flotsam and floormats.

We have a pretty good participation. For sundays event we have almost 100 entrants. If we can avoid timing and computer issues we can get that many drivers 10 runs and be done by 1500-1400.

I will be there longer. I am the first to arrive and the last to leave. We do our best to pull off a quality ax event. Basically we succede.

The other diciplines...i am not so connected but as far as de goes it seems reasonable.

Give our ax a shot. With that many entrants, and that was typical last season, we might be doing something right.

Just an aside, I used to run the Santa Barbara Region AX. I know your pain.

We got kicked out of the showgrounds one year because we were accused of tearing up the black....total BS. I found out later he was susceptible to bribes and got himself canned. Went before their Board and got re-instated.

Lot's of fun and work. Had a a few TTOD runs as I designed it for my ride. My dedicated sprinter was a low geared 914/6 with a trick 3.0.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
@tirwin.. Bumper turned out great.. (I've been sitting in your car the last few days acting like I'm driving it..
Old 04-08-2021, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hey Joe Bob...can you share some details on that bike rack system that you have in the picture posted in your forum garage?
Old 04-08-2021, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Oooohhhmmmm......

Garage
Simple. Bike rack mounts that are typically used in truck beds. Screwed into the roll bar and the rear wheel sits on top of the cab top cover. $2 bungee cord to hold down the wheel. Held on at 120 mph.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Brilliant!
Simple...and cheap too...I especially like that cheap part
Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-08-2021, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Oooohhhmmmm......

Garage
Well ya have to have a roll bar....
Old 04-08-2021, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Contact Danny Saxon, I think he is the historian, he is a good guy.

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 04-08-2021, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
El Duderino

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlsnak View Post
@tirwin.. Bumper turned out great.. (I've been sitting in your car the last few days acting like I'm driving it..
Thatís Joe Bobís vinyl on it.

Did you listen to the new M&K exhaust?

Next up is the ITB conversion.

I have to do that before I move!

Old 04-08-2021, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
Well ya have to have a roll bar....
I've got one of those...

Old 04-09-2021, 01:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: