Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Your lucky i did'nt go with one of my first designs { hey did'nt i see that on the Enterprize and if this is a 6 cylinder why does it have only 5 ports?} The center port is a siamese port, opened and closed electronically timed to the cam.
Jerry

Old 12-07-2003, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by CDiercks
Ricer?? So I suppose RUF was ricer when they designed the airbox lid that was displayed earlier in this thread. And something you don't look at? Maybe I'm different, but I look at my engine quite a bit. Also, since I don't have AC, my engine is easily visible through the deck lid vent. I don't see it being much different than putting different bumpers on the car. Most don't consider that "ricer".
CDiercks: Cheer up dude! I put that there for a reason. I was giving you my opinion and over doing it a bit to pull everyone's chain!

And I stay with my opinion that things displayed here remind me of barbecue pits. And I don't care if it is a RUF barbecue pit either. I guarantee you the RUF goes fast for another reason, the BBQ ain't it <=== joking smilie!!!

George
Old 12-07-2003, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Unconstitutional Patriot

Cool clean air reminds of a post by Pelican member tbitz. He mounted a thermistor inside his CIS intake, and I recall the intake temps were significantly higher than ambient. When a elbow was fastened to the intake 'horn' to pull air from the decklid grill (instead of engine bay), intake temps dropped to almost ambient. Any airbox design should keep that in mind, provided you can keep water from being ingested, and the gains would be easily documented.

Jurgen
Old 12-07-2003, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Go Speedracer, go!

Quote:
Originally posted by aigel
CDiercks: Cheer up dude! I put that there for a reason. I was giving you my opinion and over doing it a bit to pull everyone's chain!

And I stay with my opinion that things displayed here remind me of barbecue pits. And I don't care if it is a RUF barbecue pit either. I guarantee you the RUF goes fast for another reason, the BBQ ain't it <=== joking smilie!!!

George
oh, ok nevermind.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
I still need someone with a very nicely detailed and clean engine for a photo shoot for catalog and web publication with my airbox. You need to be local to So. Cal. . This will only take a few hours and you will get to keep the airbox for your trouble and i might even throw a cupholder into the gift bag.This will need to take place after xmas. Let me know at jerryjmproduct@aol.com
Jerry
Old 12-08-2003, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Opening not understood

I have an 80 CIS system. The air filter box has an opening on the right side (pass) that has no hose on it. Can anyone tell me what this opening is? Just bought the car.
Incidentally, the cover looks great in spite of it efficiency or lack thereof.
How does one attach a pic to reply? Is it Jpeg? Charlie

Last edited by Shipibo; 12-09-2003 at 09:45 AM..
Old 12-08-2003, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Now in 993 land ...

Garage
Shipibo:

Pictures?

Sure sounds like it may be the stock air box!

George
Old 12-08-2003, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Here is a pic of the model before it went to the mold maker.
Jerry
Old 12-08-2003, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
Interesting...looks like the egg tray from a refrigerator. The end bumps need to contribute to the vent plenum too?
1982 911SC PazificBlauMetallic
Old 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
The inside is completely hollow on the final part so the air flowwill cover the entire filter. Egg crate--- i should have thought of that, it would have saved me hours of work.
Jerry

Last edited by JMPRO; 12-08-2003 at 06:07 PM..
Old 12-08-2003, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Garage
Re: Opening not understood

Quote:
Originally posted by Shipibo
I have an 80 CIS system. The air filter box has an opening on the right side (pass) that has no hose on it. Can anyone tell me what this opening is? Just bought the car.
Incidentally, the cover looks great in spite of it efficiency! Charlie
Do you mean the hole in the pic below?

I have this too but without the cap shown in the picture (borrowed pic from earlier thread). Dunno what it's for
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1997 Boxster 986 2.5l
Old 12-09-2003, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Jerry ,
You sure you don't want a 'well used look' for the photos to be shot in Sunny Scotland!
1997 Boxster 986 2.5l
Old 12-09-2003, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
I already have a well used look in sunny Southern California as pictured in the photo in my previous post. These catalog people are just so picky, they want a photo of an engine that looks like a centerfold model- all airbrushed with no blemishes- you know the kind, the ones that don't exist. Lucky for me, i have found a car like that for the photos and he lives just a few miles from me . But you can send those airline tickets to Scotland to me anyway , i'm sure i will find a use for them.
Jerry
Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Doh....worth a try
1997 Boxster 986 2.5l
Old 12-09-2003, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

I think that hole with the cap in it was for the flame arrestor. My 77S had a hose that ran from the oil fill pipe to that location. At one time I ran carbs and re-routed the vapor hose to a small filter. When I went back to CIS, I kept the filter and capped the hole.

Al
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 12-09-2003, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Original Owner

Yeah - crankcase ventilation is overrated. Isn't it??
Old 12-09-2003, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Black and Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Kemo
Shipibo,

the hose that *Might* be missing could be the oil tank breather hose.

I think...
Old 12-09-2003, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Exactly = Oil tank breather hose. Mine now vents to the outside world via a small K&N filter with the hole in the airbox plugged.
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 12-09-2003, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

retired, mostly

That small hole in the air filter housing under the filter is normally plugged per PET. At least on an SC, nothing goes to it. The oil tank breather/vent normally goes into the boot after the air sensor plate.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Garage
I have 4 photo programs on my computer, arcsoft, adobe, ms and hp . why is it none of them has a simple feature to put arrows on a photograph. I can draw circles, squares, polygons and triangeles but a simple arrow-no. Why is that.
This was in referance to the pic above with the painted arrow and many others like it.
Jerry

Old 12-09-2003, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: