Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Targa Dude
Hi Jerry.. why not continue to use the stock straps? I don't think they'll obstruct the air flow..and they might like look fine..
Just a thought..

Jorge (Targa Dude)

Old 01-03-2004, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Garage
I tried that and i thought it just did'nt look right with that style cover
Jerry
Old 01-03-2004, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)
Rennch on YouTube

Garage
Send a message via AIM to emptyo Send a message via Yahoo to emptyo
Funny...I'm working on a CAI that will mount to the existing SC airbox as well...with a price range of $100-150, and should be good for some HP gains.

Also...for the arrows, try Adobe Illustrator, not Photoshop. You should be able to d/l a demo from adobe.com.
Rennch Youtube Channel: http://rennch.com/Youtube Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_rennch_/
Old 01-03-2004, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Emptyo.. Do you have any pics of your Air box cover? I'd like to see it as I'm sure others would too..

Jorge (Targa Dude)

Edit: If not, what materials did you make it from?
Old 01-03-2004, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

No offence to any of the designers, but I can't recall so much effort spent on such a useless accessory. It's like tits on a boar hog.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Garage
Mark, I'm sure you have offended none.. but tell me what is the difference from this accessory and lets lets say.. a duck tail on a street car that has never seen any track time? or spending the time or money to have FUCHS polished out.. its pretty obvious that others on the board have shown plenty of interest in this for these two "Designers" to have taken the steps to have their products and ideas manufactured.
I have no doubt that plenty of Porsche owners on this board will gladly sport their wares.

Jorge (Targa Dude)
Old 01-03-2004, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Mark Wilson

Great point Jorge!! I don't see any of my upgrades sucking water down the intake though. Again, not trying to bust any chops, JMO.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)

Garage
Mark, It's just a design charette. Some of us just want something a little more attractive in the engine compartment besides the perfectly engineered but asthetically challenged stock box cover. Let us have our fun and some of us can have their laughs. How many of us polish, plate and refinish our fans, shrouds etc.
1982 911SC PazificBlauMetallic
Old 01-04-2004, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

Here's my new prototype. It has the advantage of being able to close off it's nostrils in a downpour. The downside is that your car will leave huge piles of poo everywhere you go.

Old 01-04-2004, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)
Information Junky

Ah! . . whiskers and mounting-ears. . . I knew it needed something.

Will I need a turbo-tail for that design?

Old 01-04-2004, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)

Mark,
Nice red fan! I've heard that adds 3-5 horsepower. Does that and your induction system make you a "hippo" crite.

Al
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 01-04-2004, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)
Information Junky

hippocrite

Good one, Al.

Though, thats a pic of Supermans 911. ..not Marks.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Garage
Mark what's that little addition weigh? I am thinking she might need a diet before I allow her on my car

I like Al's comment but sadly Mark's car only looks good on the outside...no foo, foo, coffee table, painted fans for them Texas boys. Does Mark do track days in cowboy boots !
Old 01-04-2004, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Garage
The lower jaw and tusk must serve as airjacks for the rear end
1982 911SC PazificBlauMetallic
Old 01-04-2004, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

The problem with my design is that the hippo ass sits squarely in the driver's seat. My friends concur.

Oh, and Dane, the boots make heel-toe an adventure.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

Garage
I like both designs.

JMPRO are you thinking of adding screens to the openings? If you mentioned that already and I missed it sorry, I just think it would finish the look off.

Also has anyone seen the pic of the painted airbox cover in this post?

Show me your fan's.. please..

What kind of paint is needed to paint the airbox cover?

Shawn
Old 01-04-2004, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)

Garage
No screens, i to thought that might look good but it is just too expensive to have them manufactured and then there is the added labor to install them. I have changed my mind on the o-ring hold downs, i have another idea i worked on today and will fill you in later.
As for the paint any rattle can paint will work, i perfer Krylon.
Jerry

Last edited by JMPRO; 01-04-2004 at 02:39 PM..
Old 01-04-2004, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: