Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I wonder about the post production foley affects as well, although, in the "Making of" they made a big point of the reality of it all. No tricks.

The sound of the Carrera GT at the end was to die for.

A Ducati and a Carrera GT and I could die contented!

Old 12-15-2003, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

For those that missed it, according to my guide, it is on again tonight (Sat) at 8:00pm Pacific time on Speed
Old 12-27-2003, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
retired, mostly

4 more minutes.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Hopelessly Addicted

Unhappy

Missed it !!! Maybe next time.
'13 Yamaha FZ-1 (Adrenaline Machine)
Old 12-28-2003, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

my girlfriend just told me she ordered the dvd from the website. I should have it any day. muhahahahaha....

bryteside.com - good things happen.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

In the show they said something I didn't understand.
Unless I misheard the numbers, the 75 930 started out as a 2.1L because that's the catagory a turbo engine qualified for during grouping(?).
Old 12-28-2003, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Axeman
I just ordered the DVD as well from the website, should be getting it Tuesday (ordered the Ferrari as well). Speedvision sucks a$$, I hate that Nascar TV!! Plus 3 min of commercials every 2 minutes...
1972 Targa (3.0L)
1999 Boxster (Wife's car)
Old 12-28-2003, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
never ending projects

I ordered the same ones (porsche and ferrari) on the 17th and found out that they were shipped on the 23rd so good luck. Hopefully I will see them monday. Also can't wait for Daytona (with all left turns)
Old 12-28-2003, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Me like track days

Its too bad that the Porsche VBD wasn't made later in the series........when the cars were driven a LOT more -- rather than Alain just yakking about most of them.

The Jag VBD (made fairly recently) was quite good!

Craig

Last edited by Craig 930 RS; 12-29-2003 at 02:56 PM..
Old 12-29-2003, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by nostatic
what was up with the truck coming the other way when the 908 (?) was doing the mountain road?!?
I remember watching a show on Speedvision some years ago about the Targa Florio. There was some footage of someone (Vic Elford maybe, can't remember, swiss cheese brain) doing a practice lap in a 911 before the roads were closed (if they ever were). He was passing cars and trucks on the little windy roads and blasting through little villages with grandmas walking along the sidewalks waching him go by mere inches away. It scared the crap out of me and I was safe at home 30 years away.

It was a different time.
Canada West Region - PCA
Old 12-29-2003, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Owain
I remember watching a show on Speedvision some years ago about the Targa Florio. There was some footage of someone (Vic Elford maybe, can't remember, swiss cheese brain) doing a practice lap in a 911 before the roads were closed (if they ever were). He was passing cars and trucks on the little windy roads and blasting through little villages with grandmas walking along the sidewalks waching him go by mere inches away. It scared the crap out of me and I was safe at home 30 years away.

It was a different time.
I remember that, too. But it was on just recently. Within 6 months or so. I can't remember what the show was, though. Very scary! One guy started walking out and saw the car coming and backed up! Funny!

Chad aka "Chili"
1974 Base coupe in Carrera outfit.
No A/C, no Sun Roof, no power windows. Fast and light, just the way I like it. (Sad to say, it's sold. But at least it remains with us on this board.)
My car http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/CHILI
1969 RSR Project. Heavy on the word PROJECT! No pictures yet. Keeps breaking lenses of cameras.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by CHILI
I remember that, too. But it was on just recently. Within 6 months or so. I can't remember what the show was, though. Very scary! One guy started walking out and saw the car coming and backed up! Funny!
Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of.
Canada West Region - PCA
Old 12-29-2003, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

It's on again at 8:00 pm Pacific Time......5 minutes

Old 01-03-2004, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: