Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Oh and another thing. Could you measure the length of the rubber portions of the RS tie downs? Pretty Please?

2001 Xterra
1997 Jeep Wrangler "The Tick"
Old 12-22-2003, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
".... luckily i ran into a really nice white 69S at EASY that was modified to my "liking". stole a lot of ideas from this guy and became good friends in the process. it was great to see his reaction today."

Bob, it sounds suspiciously like you were talking to Herr Gruppmeister himself, Cris H.

Here's a pic of his white 69S lightweight..... was this the car that was your insperation?

RGruppe#152
Early 911S Reg.#335
Old 12-22-2003, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Really nice car! You have to love the look of the pre 73 body styling. Nice G4 Cube in the pic with jack's car too.
Eric
Old 12-22-2003, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Wow! Seeing your car Bob has rekindled my interest in the 1968 912 that's sitting across the street for me. Its been for sale for months. Hmmm.

Troy
Present: 2011 GMC 2500HD with the 6.0 & 4x4!, 2004 Toyota Sequoia (wife's)
Old 12-22-2003, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Nobody

Garage
shawn
in skimming through the other posts - looks like you're got what you needed in re: to the latches.

eric
i love my cube. would like to get a ti power book in the future.

johnny
i think that picture just persauded me to remove the wheelcaps. i really like how cris currently re-finished the wheels (not shown). man that car is low. great stance.

racemor
i'd have to say our past conversations helped me decide on a full re-spray instead of a partial front.

here are some before pics:

Old 12-22-2003, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
stunning...

nice job Bob. You have really put together a beautiful car. You were right, I do love it.

Thanks for the inspiration, so glad I able to participate (as small as it was) with the badge dispacement decal location. You really have created a wonderful car. You should be a darn proud papa.

Thanks for sharing.

Shawn.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Nobody

Garage
"You should be a darn proud papa."

that i am, look at that stupid grin on my face.

Old 12-22-2003, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by JackOlsen
Normally, this would be the case for most of a model year's production, but weren't the 55 RSRs made from RS's once they had come off the line? My guess would be that most were finished in 73.

...but that's just a guess.
I'll have to consult my copy of "Carrera RS".

If some of the production RSRs weren't built in '73, then one or two of the RSR mules were. Surely.

Matt Holcomb
MFIWDP
1974 911 Carrera 2.7 (RoW)
Dedicated Homepage
Engine Rebuild Homepage
Pelican Gallery Profile
Old 12-22-2003, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
Bob - beautiful to behold and I'm sure a pleasure to drive too. Sweet!

Don
Old 12-22-2003, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Bob - I have a Ti 400, is a great computer go for it!
Eric
Old 12-23-2003, 12:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Bob...love it ....actually i LOVE IT!!! Well done...safe driving.

Still Planning Replacement
Old 12-23-2003, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
Automotive Writer/DP

Garage
Bob, congratulations!! That is one beautifully thought out car. I would have maybe gone anodized on the wheels, but that's about it.

Outstanding!!!
1972 S - Early S Registry #187
1972 T/ST - R Gruppe #51
http://randywells.com
http://randywells.com/blog
Old 12-23-2003, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
Your car is beautiful just the way it is. I really envy you Cal. guys I am in Pittsburgh with lots of salt and cold temps so a car like yours would have to be a garage queen for part of the year. Again "Well Done".
Old 12-23-2003, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Bob.....as everyone has stated, you should be very proud...a classic, stylish, understated work of art! Would you be kind enough to take a measurement for me? Can you please measure your seat back height(the lowest part of the back portion that is closest to floor)...to the top of the seat back( not including headrest)
Old 12-23-2003, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Just want to see something re fit....where does your seat back end on your back....is it tall enough for moderate(one hr.) rides?.....what is your ht?....sorry for all the questions but you can help me figure something out re a future purchase...thnx!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Wow, even better now that we have more info. I like the rubber floor mats and the hood badge, not common, but fit nicely. Be careful with the trimless windshield, if you end up going backwards at 60 you could lose it. Are those wipers too long? They look a tad long. My local Autozone has the proper size Bosch blades. A right hand park on the wipers would be nice too.

Awesome car!! Definitely one of my all time favorites.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 12-23-2003, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Smile Another weight saving tip:

Bob,

The car looks GREAT. I have a suggestion on how to improve heel and toe capabilities while saving a couple of ounces. Peel off the rubber covers on your brake and clutch pedals

Looks cool and works well. The sharp edge of the brake pedal grabbs the sole of my driving shoes and gets the surface of the pedal just a little closer to the plane of the gas pedal to reduce the contortion needed to heel and toe.

The only warning is beware of leather soled shoes and / or wet shoes. (Seriously, beware!)
Old 12-23-2003, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Bob - haven't been on the board for a couple of days so have only just seen this thread...

THE CAR LOOKS FANTASTIC !!

After all our discussions I have to say that I think you made the right decision in to opting for a Factory lightweight theme rather than sticking rigidly to a 911R specification - I only hope my car ends up looking half as good as yours.

Have a great Christmas.

Andy
'69 911E------>R

M&W 904 ... now gone
New project underway ...
Old 12-23-2003, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Can you tell us a bit more about the door handles?

Beautiful car!
Old 12-23-2003, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
Nobody

Garage
fishcop - i'm gonna leave the explanation of the fabrication process of the door handles to the person who developed them. i know that a limited number were made. i know that they fit perfect. i know that i like them and of course they're extremely lightweight. i'll "fish" around my library for close-ups of real R door handles to compare.

andy - i know you probably got tired of me asking for your opinion on "this and that". i appreciated your feedback in the process. i wish some of your parts were in/on my car. with your inventory of goodies - i eagerly await for the unveiling of your car - it's gonna blow mine away big time. thanks for the best pics out there of the ex-Matsuda R (the only silver R) for the inspiration.

jaime79sc - the car gets driven in the rain so i can't remove those pads for the very reason you mentioned - maybe in the summertime .

yeah what's up with my blades? they came from a P parts place. they're 13.5", is that correct?

joelkaplan - i'll pm you with that info.

has anyone guessed the seats?

Old 12-23-2003, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: