Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
retired, mostly

I run 800x600 at home (smaller screen, older eyes) and higher resolution at work. BTW I do most of my ordering from home.

I'm happy to hear you are trying to improve the catalog. I placed an order on Saturday and realized I missed some parts and placed another order. Then on the way to work this morning I realized I forgot the seals for my oil cooler and placed another order. Hopefully they will all get lumped together so I don't have to pay the shipping three times. I'm going to call this morning just to let them know.
The multiple orders prolly have little to do with the catalog, can you do anything about my Alzheimer's?

On several items I struggled to find what I was looking for. One item I'm still not sure of because the one for a 1979 car looks like what I need but the catalog says I need a completely different one for my 1980. I ordered the one for the 1979 and left a note in the comments section asking them to verify it is what I need before shipping. They do read the comments, right?

In the three years I've been ordering form pelican they've dove very well, only problems was with a fuel filter and a thermostat o-ring. The fuel filter problem is Porsche's fault, they put what ever they felt like in the cars and there's very little rhyme or reason to it. Pelican took the filter back with no problems.
The o-ring was prolly my fault, I ordered what I thought was right but it wasn't. For the dollar or so it isn't worth bothering with. My mistake may have been partially due to the catalog, who knows?

Not a bad track record I'd say.
I've also noticed that pelican is very cost competitive now days. A few years ago I had a couple sources that were much cheaper. Either they raised prices a bunch or Pelican lowered their prices or both. I rarely even price compare any more. Did I say that?
Old 12-29-2003, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Wayne,
Another quick note. One thing that always bothers me on the existing site is when I search for a part for my model car and it appears with a different model or year car as the header on the top left. Obviously there are many cross-over parts, but it always leaves me wondering if it is the correct one. Often times I read the section header, go back to my model main page and then look through that header. Does this make sense?

John
Old 12-29-2003, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally posted by sammyg2
I've also noticed that pelican is very cost competitive now days. A few years ago I had a couple sources that were much cheaper. Either they raised prices a bunch or Pelican lowered their prices or both. I rarely even price compare any more. Did I say that?
We recently resync'ed our prices with our costs from suppliers. This meant that some prices went up, and some went down. Unfortunately, the weaker dollar means that most prices are going to go up in the very near future...

-Wayne
Old 12-29-2003, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally posted by North Coast Cab
Wayne,
Another quick note. One thing that always bothers me on the existing site is when I search for a part for my model car and it appears with a different model or year car as the header on the top left. Obviously there are many cross-over parts, but it always leaves me wondering if it is the correct one. Often times I read the section header, go back to my model main page and then look through that header. Does this make sense?

John
Yes, the search engine (while probably one of the best out there) is really lacking in my opinion (almost worthy of the word "sucks"). There is a lot of data to shrink down into the search engine, and I developed some really neat programs for the DriveWerks side that will be available soon for Pelican (just need to install our new server!)...

-Wayne
Old 12-29-2003, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Beautiful, Wayne. Go with it -- the interface needs an update.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

17 years and 17k posts...

Garage
Nice updates!

Wayne,
I ordered some parts for winter projects yesterday and was impressed with the new layout and organization. It's much easier and faster to move around and find what I want. Great work!!!

www.ford.com
Old 01-03-2004, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: