Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Looks good, does the duck weigh less then a stock deck lid?

Old 12-31-2003, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

Reinforce the valence, it will serve as a plow for those pesky chunks of concrete . Looks great, and in a hurry too.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by onewhippedpuppy
Reinforce the valence, it will serve as a plow for those pesky chunks of concrete . Looks great, and in a hurry too.
It's true; if you'd had that on there it might have just knocked it out of the way, it's sort of like a cow catcher.

I wasn't real crazy about that valence myself when I saw it on the car, just doesn't go w/ the rest of the car somehow.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Information Junky

uh-oh. . .now speeder, don't be frightened, but I'm going to agree with you.

. . .well, kinda. Those mod's seem fine on the solid color (non-metallic) 911s; but not on that classic silver.

Especially the duck. . .the metallics accentuate curvature. A Carrera/turbo tail has much more thought-out curvatures. . . .More of a precision-machine look, as is the silver finish.

. . .and here I thought I would have the lone contrary comment.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Looks great! I like the valance as well.

Did anyone mention, you need 8's on there

Cheers,

Tim.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/impactbumpers.com - Classic 911's and nothing else
Old 01-01-2004, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Unsafe at any speed

That valance make the car look like it's got a giant underbite. No more cool pointy nose. Your driveway is doing you a service by rejecting that valance. And I agree with Island about the spoiler. The later ones look like the engineers put a lot more thought into them.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

It'll be legen-waitforit

I like that valance, I'll take it off your hands for you....
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 01-01-2004, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
retired, mostly

If it were me I'd lose the valence. The curves on it are too sharp and don't match the lines of the car, looks added on. Not drastically, just a little. Kind of reminds me of the fiberglass airdams everyone was putting on 280Zs in the early 80s.

BTW, forget the 8s, your 7s look fine
Old 01-01-2004, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

The valence looks GREAT. You can learn to work around the driveways.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by island911
. . .well, kinda. Those mod's seem fine on the solid color (non-metallic) 911s; but not on that classic silver.

Especially the duck. . .the metallics accentuate curvature. A Carrera/turbo tail has much more thought-out curvatures. . . .More of a precision-machine look, as is the silver finish.
Far be it from me to be contrary...so I won't. The valence is getting pulled asap. Not only does it hit my driveway (no matter what angle), but it just doesn't do it for me. I think on a dark car it would look fine.

I'm split on the duck right now. I kinda miss my plain deck. I won't go with a Carrera or turbo tail...I really don't like them. I may go back to my regular deck.

Hey, until you do the experiment...
Old 01-01-2004, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

JMO, but I think it takes the wider wheels to make the duck-look work.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Todd: The car was a classic beauty before the accident. Ditch the duck, veto the valence, and bring it back to its pristine pre-concrete state.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by scottb
Todd: The car was a classic beauty before the accident. Ditch the duck, veto the valence, and bring it back to its pristine pre-concrete state.
yeah, that's what I'm going to do tomorrow. Gotta pick up the rear deck from Kevin and swap it, then find a stock SC valence. I like it best stock. I'll keep the internal upgrades though
Old 01-01-2004, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

You don't know until you try, and now that you know I'm glad to see you're going to restore it to its classy self. LA Porsche is out in Sun Valley. I'm sure they'll have a valence for you.

Last edited by scottb; 01-01-2004 at 02:32 PM..
Old 01-01-2004, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

I normally love the Duck, but I have to say, on silver it doesn't look great to me.

That front spoiler would be a no-brainer for me - I'd take it off and not let it near the car again. It looks like one of those boxy Kamei spoilers from the 70's/80's!
Old 01-01-2004, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
PRO Motorsports

Todd, hang onto that ducktail, and put it back on for track days.

I agree about the valence. I thought all along that it would look better with a stock rubber front spoiler.

I also agree that 8's on the back might make you want to keep that ducktail.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Here is another thought, put on a stock valence but ditch the fog lights.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

The coolest valance I've seen in a while was homemade.
I forget who did it but I believe it was a dark green car.
The owner took two stock valances and hacked the ends off of one and welded them onto the other... it "extended the valance to allow it to mount damn-near flush with the front lip of the impact bumper. It looked really cool.
I'll look for the thread.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Here it is again for those of you who might be interested...

two is better than one.......right?
Old 01-01-2004, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Leland,
Please tell me that "Smokey" refers to the color and the car is fast and not from tailpipe/engine emissions. I need good news.

Old 01-02-2004, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: