Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Factory Calendar

I'm looking for a Porsche 911 Factory Calendar, specifically from 1978. Why 1978? I recall frequently staring at the one hanging in the auto repair shop I worked in the late 70's. The boss let me have the calendar at the end of that year but I lost it somewhere in the early 80's. This was the only Porsche item I would own for quite awhile; I was making about 4 bucks an hour then.

Anbody else have a similar story from thier youth?

JP

1987 - Carrera Targa - 17k miles

Last edited by rzepko6194; 01-01-2004 at 05:58 AM..
Old 01-01-2004, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

I had a subscription to Road & Track my first couple years of college. One day during my second year I received a "package slip" in my mailbox. Well imagine my surprise when it was a poster tube from PCNA. I was completely baffled. Well, inside was a poster with a sticker where the license plate should be with my name on it stuck to the back of the silouette of a turbo that is seeing a couple of inches of air under all 4 tires. They wanted me to come in for a test drive. Well, I didn't go in for a test drive, but I did have the poster for a long time.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 01-01-2004, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Steve,

I recall getting the same poster. I never went for a test drive either (didn't want to waste the sales person's time).

JP

1987 - Carrera Targa - 17K miles
Old 01-01-2004, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to HawgRyder
The best calenders ever put out by a factory were from ARRI (german camera manufacturer).
They were 6 foot tall, had a neglige clad female (full size) usually in black....very sexy.
The old calanders were auctioned off for charity....got $1500 - $2000 every time.
I naver had the cash to get one...wish I did.
Now the factory puts out a little desk calender....with scenic type pics...oh well.
Bob
Old 01-01-2004, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I was buying the Porsche factory calendars for many years before I actually owned a Porsche.
I found the year for my SC at John Walkers Swapmeet a few years ago. Unfortunately, the picture inside showed a Targa, not a coupe.

This year Porsche has brought out 4 different calendars.
I bought this one, and like it the most.....

A very high quality production, it looks like a big, spiral bound book, and even comes with it's own slipcase. Beautiful, glossy paper, and huge color photos of only "open" Porsches (550's, Speedster, etc). A real collectors piece.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Try Der White on the board he may have one. Otto

Check out the Porsche Owners Club Track event Videos
Old 01-02-2004, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll ask him.

JP
Old 01-03-2004, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll ask him.

Old 01-03-2004, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: