Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quick fuel injection question

I have been having performance problems on my 77 2.7. After posting some questions here (thanks for the responses), I have checked several things and have run across what may be my problem with lack of power. After removing my A/C (don't worry there was no ozone depleting substances delivered ito the atmosphere), I noticed that the injection line right behind the A/C unit was cracked (this explained my gas smell after the last test drive). When I went to check it, it basically snapped in half. Now after reading and searching tech articles, I want to be sure that this one is the number 4 cylinder (first cylinder on right looking from the rear of the car). I also want some feedback on places to buy these lines. Pelican has the 4,5,6 lines but do not list 1,2,3. I thought about replacing them all. Any good places to buy them as a set or at least 1,2,3s? Thanks in advance!!!

Dean

Old 01-01-2004, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Yes, the 4th cyl is on the passenger side closest to the bumper.
Also a good idea to replace the o-rings and sometimes the sockets that the FI plugs into.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Smolka
Yes, the 4th cyl is on the passenger side closest to the bumper.
Also a good idea to replace the o-rings and sometimes the sockets that the FI plugs into.
Jim,

Is there an easy way to test the FI themselves? Or clean them?

Dean
Old 01-01-2004, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
retired, mostly

Call pelican anytime you don't find something on the website. They have it or can get it.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

There are several ways to check that a FI is OK.

A simple way is to remove the FI from one side. Compare the spray patterns as the big disk is moved. The spray should be about the same. Usually, the difference is seen when simulating a light throttle input. If the pattern is not the same, remove the suspect injector with one that is good as sometimes the FI is good, but the fuel distributor is clogged/and or shot.

At the risk of having the SCWDP hunt me down, it is also possible to replace the CIS FI system with a DME FI from a Carrera.

Old 01-01-2004, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: