Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 1.45 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Jack Olsen....Voted Pelican's 2003's Man and Car of the year!!!

Looks like Jack doesn't get enough press...Poor guy gets written up in both GQ and Excellence in 2003...I really think it has nothing to do with Jack...But BB-2....
Does the man make the car...or the car make the man? If I were "gifted" BB-2 would I all of a sudden have the charm and good looks of James Bond? IE Jack?
OK...I hate Jack! He's handsome, "RICH" (Not Trump RICH...But well off and has too darn many available hours to track BB-2 and do thing things he likes...That's "RICH" to me)
OK...enough with the satire... I truly respect Jack and all of the time, effort he puts into this BB. Not only does he have..My personal car of my dreams...But for guys like myself has added a true sense of what P-car ownership is about. Or what I'd like to think it is....Pelican's "Man of the Year Award" I believe should go to Mr. Jack Olsen.....
Please add your comments...agree...disagree....mentiionable honors(there are so many!)
I didn't want to make this a "Contest" thread...But a place where people can post a "Thank-You" to the many people who make this board what it is....There are way too many for me to mention...Jack...being some what of a celeberaty...was a great starting point...and very worthy of the title... Add your favorites!
I am sorry....Ofcourse our host is #1.....Mr Wayne Dempsey....But this thread is for the people who do not have...nor make any finacial gain from it...and have added so much!
I look forward to everyones comments!
Happy 2004 everyone!

Old 01-03-2004, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

bump...I have always wanted to do that!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Doesn't anyone...after 40 views have someone to thank? I guess I should have started with Mr. Walker, that after spending $600.00 at a local shop...I posted here...and fixed my car for $20.00 dollars!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

I vote Jack MOTY due purely to his quite dashing avatar pic, GQ indeed! If you want me to thank someone, seeing how I'm halfway across the nation from Jack, and wouldn't recognize him on the street (unless he ran me over in that beautiful car of his), I'll thank Cory Jump of Planet 9Eleven in OKC. Cory was nice enough to look over my T before my purchase, take it for a drive with me, show me around his shop, and just basically blow a Saturday afternoon to humor a Porsche newbie, all for free, so he gets my vote. Honorable mention to aft911 for being willing to look at a car in Austin for me during my earlier nearly disasterous car shopping, thanks Andrew, people like you make Pelican great.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well, the post got a "star" Let's get a few more stars...Come on guys! This is your chance to "thank" the people here who have helped you by spending time writing and answering posts....Let's give them thanks! And hopefully by doing so, they will continue to post and share their knowlege! ....U know that you have someone who helped you here....Share it! And thank them.......INMYHOP...A few good words...Go a long way....
Old 01-03-2004, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
PRO Motorsports

Jack has a good life, no doubt. But I know him well enough to say that he works extremely hard for what he has, and it was a long time coming to him. He slaved away at jobs he hated, driving crappy cars for the majority of his adult life while chasing his dream, and it is disappointing when some people on this board talk smack about him like he's some priveledged rich kid who's had everything handed to him. I personally owe a lot to this guy, and have the utmost respect for him as a man, and as a close friend.

So I'll agree with you. I think we're all a little jealous of him. For some of us, that means we admire him and give him a pat on the back. For others, that means they take cheap-shots at him at every opportunity. Jack takes it all in stride, and never gets bent out of shape. He's a class act.

There are also a large number of people on this board that I respect, and am lucky to call friends. Many of which, I've never actually met. Many of which don't recieve enough attention and recognition for their help and contributions to this board. I hope this thread will give some of them the pat on the back they deserve.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Tyson...You couldn't have said it better....U, for one...Deserve a huge "Pat on the back!"
I never meant to make it look like I was "Jealous" of Jack. OK...Just a bit...LOL...Yes, he has worked hard...obviously "brillaint" in his career...and more than deserves all of his success. I look up to the man....
But there are also others, like yourself, that I too look up to....Your knowlege, williness to share that knowlege...Tyson, as far as P-car knowlege goes...when you talk...I listen...and I know many others do also.
I started with Jack....anyone who has spent any time here...Knows Jack and BB-1 and B-2...I had hoped that this thread ...people like myself would take the time to thank the so many people that have made their P-car ownership...so much more enjoyable....
To me...911 ownership is not just about how fast the car can go...But heritage....Pride of ownership....And the other people who enjoy the same.............I have found all of the above here on the Pelican BB
Old 01-03-2004, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Warren, Bill Verburg, Wil Ferch, Steve Weiner, John Walker and the noticeably absent Roland Kunz (among others) are also worthy of honorable mention.

Congrats to Jack for a well deserved MOTY. Honestly, I haven't seen much in the way of jealousy, pettiness, or criticism of Jack or anyone on this board. That's what keeps the magic alive.

To 2004!
89 Carrera 3.6 V-ram #94
Livin' for Targa time!

Want to make God laugh?
Tell him your plans!

Last edited by Mike Feinstein; 01-03-2004 at 07:00 PM..
Old 01-03-2004, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

let me just say, we're all special in our own different way, no matter who you are, no matter what achievements great or small

make the most of it, your one life is all you get. after all, life is short, death is long. be happy, drive hard, make it count, and most importantly,

Have a Nice Day
Old 01-03-2004, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

U know what? I think that most readers of this post read only the first few lines of my original post. I hope that Jack doesn't, if he ever does read it.
I never meant to look like I was complaining about him...Heck...I voted him "Pelican car and man of 2003!" I totally admire him.
I just felt that Jack was a great starting point for others to give a few "ADDA BOYS" to the people who have givin so much to our enjoyment here on this BB.

Last edited by MY83SC; 01-03-2004 at 07:12 PM..
Old 01-03-2004, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by MY83SC
U know what? I think that most readers of this post read only the first few lines of my original post. I hope that Jack doesn't, if he ever does read it.
I never meant to look like I was complaining about him...Heck...I voted him "Pelican car and man of 2003!" I totally admire him.
I just felt that Jack was a great starting point for others to give a few "ADDA BOYS" for the people who have givin so much to our enjoyment here on this BB.
yeah, you're right, he might not read this...after all, his name is in the title and he's a moderator on this board
(tongue in cheek)

but i admire your intentions to recognize an individual for his accomplishments. that's noble.
and Jack, c'mon, we're waiting for your modest response.....

Last edited by on-ramp; 01-03-2004 at 07:15 PM..
Old 01-03-2004, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

TY....On-Ramp
Old 01-03-2004, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by on-ramp

after all, life is short, death is long.

Have a Nice Day
Yea, And those dead people really have us outnumbered too... No matter how exponentially the population grows, There will always be more dead ones than live
Old 01-03-2004, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

No doubt, Jack's the main man...boy I'm glad he was released from that car trunk! BTW Jack, a request...how about a pic of Kevin's Corvair with BB2? I'm glad to read that my old Corvair "turbo" trim emblem may be back on the streets...
Old 01-03-2004, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

How I loved Sam's "TRUNK" gig. Was great.....I think that anyone who has spent time on this board feels a bit like they know Jack. Myself, never met him. Yes, he has chimed in a few of my posts. He owns a great car...Has a great lifestyle...Well worth admiration...Would I act like my 12 year old neice getting an atuograph of Britany Spears if he were to sign my personal edition of GQ ....Probably so

ROFLMFAO
Old 01-03-2004, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
ah, but you never see Kevin's Corvair and BB2 at the same time. Coincidence? Or conspiracy? I smell a rear-engined rat
Old 01-03-2004, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

AHHHHHHHHHHHH......Nostatic chimed in...another worthy contender for the title
Old 01-03-2004, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Anyone besides myself notice...1 more post....Nostatic makes 5000???
Old 01-03-2004, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by nostatic
ah, but you never see Kevin's Corvair and BB2 at the same time. Coincidence? Or conspiracy? I smell a rear-engined rat
Hmmmm, you mean like why we never saw Superman and Clark Kent together when we were kids? Yeah...could be...a moulded black plastic body over a corvair chassis...that would explain the huge "track tail" as well. Let's put Jack back in a trunk again, so we can examine this more closely...
Old 01-03-2004, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by MY83SC
AHHHHHHHHHHHH......Nostatic chimed in...another worthy contender for the title
"If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve. "
- Gen. William Sherman

Actually Sherman had a bunch of great quotes. Here are a few more:

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."

"My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom."

and finally, he obviously read this board (even though he is long dead...or this board existed for longer than we've thought):

"The carping and bickering of political factions in the nation's capital reminds me of two pelicans quarreling over a dead fish."

And yes, I have nothing better to do

Old 01-03-2004, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: