Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Think this is a good deal?

53k miles, 214 hp, CIS Injected, 16" polished fuchs (7"fr, 8"r),(205fr, 245r), ducktail, front spoiler, a/c, am/fm cass, 5spd, cruise, new fuel distributor, 6 new injectors, new ignition wires (oem), new exhaust and muffler, Dilavars replaced with Raceware cylinder studs, Carrera tensioners, fresh motor service, Mobil1, Brey Krause strut tower brace, Porsche "Crest" floormats, short shifter, new battery. A perfect example of the 3.0 Carrera. This car is immaculate. $25,000

Old 01-04-2004, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

year?
Old 01-04-2004, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

1977 3.0 Carrera!
Old 01-04-2004, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Irrational exuberant

Garage
That price seems on the high side. Don't get me wrong, C3's are great cars but looking at them objectively they are basically a "77" Euro SC with an odd/old crank, a magnesium case transmission and a little better horsepower. As with any Euro car with a US speedo/odometer, the mileage is usually the mileage since the speedometer was replaced, not the true mileage. For that kind of money I would rather have a late 80's Carrera or a C2.
-Chris
Old 01-04-2004, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
If this is a model that you have been looking for and it is a Euro Carrera Sport? (I think it would have the early whaletail though)
It would be an interesting 911 if it was a nice example and wasn't in need of to much.
I would take a look at it myself.

Does it have SSI heat exchangers?
Old 01-04-2004, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Certified Pre-Owned

Looks good but I question the mileage, especially considering the Raceware studs...why would you take the engine down before 53,000 mi...maybe others can chime in on that, I'm just making an observation...

But if its accurate and emmaculate, you could easily blow the difference on another car bringing it up to scratch.

Old 01-04-2004, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: