Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Mounting bumper rubber strip

I need some help on mounting the left rear bumper rubber strip on a 86. The previous one was in bad shape due to some rust. Do I need to put any glue or bonding agent between the new rubber strip and the bumper?

Also, the two 8mm (maybe 7mm) nuts that hold the bumper on are quite rusted. Any idea where I can buy some new ones?

mercedes GLK350
2009 boxster s
86 targa
Old 01-04-2004, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Neither of my cars has any adhesives on those strips. If you have a Lowe's or Ace in your area, they usually have the more common metric hardware sizes. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

On my 88, the rear bumper rubber strip is held on by a threaded stud embedded in the replacement strip (nut goes on from inside the bumper and is reachable without removing anything) and another bolt/nut that fits through a hole precut in the strip and covered by a small rubber plug. No adhesive was necessary.

Argo
88 Targa

Old 01-04-2004, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: