Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Is this a major CIS improvement?

I am in the middle of my rebuild and went to order up new ejectors from Wayne. This is the first thing that pops up on the improved web site. Any experiences with this set up?

Any thoughts or info on what this system will do to a '79 with 964 cams and SSIs? 3 bills for 6 to 12 hp on an SC is dirt cheap. But is it true? Pictures? Wayne can you give us any more info and your personal opinion on the system? Ya went and got me all excited to spend even more money

"AireTEKô High Flow Induction Systems: Engineered to flow MORE air for MORE power. It's that simple. Just like an asthmatic relying on an inhaler to breathe easier, our AireTEKô Induction System will "decongest" your engine to allow more air intake with less restriction. Our CAD designed streamline air plenum incorporates a patented high flow air filter, which assures optimum performance and durability. All AireTEKô induction components undergo countless hours of research and development with extensive dynamometer and "real world" testing prior to manufacturing and distribution. Average gains are 6-12 HP depending on vehicle and level of other performance upgrades.

AireTEK Fresh Air Induction Kit-HighFlow, 911SC, 1978-83
PEL-INTK911CIS $297.25 "

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/911M/POR_911M_fuelCI_pg1.htm

Old 01-04-2004, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Sorry, I don't buy it.

If it doesn't do anything about the CIS metering plate, it's not solving any restriction problems.

I'll gladly retract this if AIRTEK's got a dyno sheet showing the improvements, when their filter and box was the only change made.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Ya, I know.........

"Our CAD designed streamline air plenum incorporates a patented high flow air filter, which assures optimum performance and durability"

I am hoping that there is something besides a $300 air filter in the kit. 'Cause well all know a new filter aint gonna cut it.

Maybe Wayne has the skinny?
Old 01-04-2004, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

What he (Colin) said. The plate metioned is THE restrictive part of the system, it's pretty simple.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

I think save your $$$$$$$and get a stand alone sys like SDS and have a lot more options!

For those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

Yea baby. They called me crazy.....crazy like a fox I tell ya! These guys copied MY design...............

Old 01-04-2004, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
i am with everyone on this one. not much you can do to improve air flow on CIS.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
That's it Wilson..one more hippo and I'll skate over there and smack ya

Too bad because this system in a SC should kick ass on a 3.4. And now I bet Pelican won't sell ya one Paul or Scott will get yours!
Old 01-04-2004, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Mark Wilson

Dangit
Old 01-04-2004, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Can anyone from Pelican tell us more?
Old 01-05-2004, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I'm not sure there's any restriction in SC CIS systems, including the sensor plate. If you designed a sensor plate the size of a basketball, it would not increase performance. There is no restriction in these systems.

I would expect the AireTEK system to fall just below the Cool Collar in terms of performance improvement.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I wonder if you could use the e-Ram with the AireTEK. Then you'd have something...
Old 01-05-2004, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
retired, mostly

maybe if we put a big magnet around the sensor plate housing?
Old 01-05-2004, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
drag racing the short bus

Webers? Or...

http://www.clewett.com/

Just as a suggestion if I haven't suggested this before.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Original Owner

I think you'll get more HP if you polish your Fuchs.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by tsuter
I think you'll get more HP if you polish your Fuchs.
Which brings to mind...

why not turbo it? Or swap the engine. I don't know. The cost of the rebuild weighed against a 3.6...?

...or a Lotus Elise...

...wait, you've started the rebuild already, right? Okay, never mind.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
The cost of the rebuild weighed against a 3.6...?
My 3.4 will be a good deal less than the quotes I got on the 3.6.......none of them firm or with an engine guarantee BTW.

Having hooked a ride on a 3.6 in a lightened SC I think my 3.4 will be just fine and save me 5K or so, maybe more.

I'll post the dyno numbers on the new engine, the build spec sheet and costs when I get done.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by rdane
My 3.4 will be a good deal less than the quotes I got on the 3.6.......none of them firm or with an engine guarantee BTW.

Having hooked a ride on a 3.6 in a lightened SC I think my 3.4 will be just fine and save me 5K or so, maybe more.

I'll post the dyno numbers on the new engine, the build spec sheet and costs when I get done.
Cool! I'd like to see this!
Old 01-05-2004, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Where is that wrench?

Very cool. I want to do the same thing someday. Post lots of info and pics!

Old 01-05-2004, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: