Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Blaupunkt Monterey

Was the Blaupunkt Monterey part of a premium sound system in '86? I'm installing an aftermarket stereo and just need to know if, and where, to look for a factory amp to remove.

Old 01-04-2004, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The amp in my 85 was behind the kickboard in the passenger footwell.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
N8marx,

Do you have the fader on the center console? If so, I can give you some tips on which wires go where as i just got don diabling mine and wiring the factory speaker wires to the back of my new Eclipse deck.

Bill
Old 01-04-2004, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Keith,

Thanks. I'll check there tonight.

Bill,

I do have the fader control in the center console and am just now trying to figure out how to bypass it myself. Sounds like I can get the speaker wires out from under the passenger floor board and splice in there. Is that what you found? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
ok I will try to walk through it, unfortunalty there is a lot of trial and error. There is a connector that plugs into the fader control wire. It is long and flat, if I remember correctly there are 6 wires going into it. Once you find that disconnect it and cut the wires. I left the connector plugged in so if later on down the road someone wanted to reconnect it they could. Once you get the wires they are all brown, some with red stripes. Strip a little off the ends of them. There is another smaller connector that has just two wires in it. disconnect that. the smaller connector houses one of the wires for each front speaker.

Now this part took some time, but it really wasnt that hard. Using a 9 volt battery, start with the longer wires which came out of the smaller 2 wire connection and touch one wire to the + and one of the wires that went into the 6 wire connector to the - of the 9 volt battery. You will hear a pop in the speaker once you find the correct pair. After you find the pair for each front speaker, I taped them together and labeled them. The rears are the 4 other wires that went into the 6 wire connector. I taped the remaining long 2 wires together so they would not ground out anything, I could not really figure out what they did.

Then I just connected teh corrsponding pair of wires to each speak out on the deck. It is amazing how much better the sound is, I think my fader control was messed up somehow.

I hope this helps, if not, you can send me a pm with you phone number and maybe I can call.

Bill
Old 01-05-2004, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Bill. I plan to give that a shot this evening.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Not a problem Nate.

You have a PM.

Bill

Old 01-05-2004, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: