Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Super Moderator

Garage
two-tone, baby...

While waiting for the "new" stock valence to get paint, we put a temporary one on for a little protection. After some critical prybar work by Tyson, the horn tucked up inside. I'm kinda digging the two-tone look...

of course now the alternator is finally starting to die, so it time to open the wallet again. Ye-haw!

Old 01-05-2004, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Monkey+Football

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Icemaster
Paint the rocker panels to match and you just might have a winner. :-)

85 Targa Wong Chip Fabspeed M&K Bilsteins and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
we talked about that...I think leaving the rockers alone but doing the rear lower valence might be the ticket.

yeah, like I need to spend more money on paint and stuff...I must repeat to myself...stock...silver...stock...silver.

Except for the 8s.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Monkey+Football

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Icemaster
I was kidding....really....

your serious though? Keep looking in the mirror, pinch your cheek and repeat - stock...silver...stock...silver.

:-)

85 Targa Wong Chip Fabspeed M&K Bilsteins and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Are you going to put the rubber lip on the valence, and the gun rack on the back?

The car's lookin' frisky parked there, you may need to do a run up to Santa Cruse once it's all done.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
I think I'm going to go lipless since I'm spoilerless. The gun rack is a good idea though. It is feeling frisky, and it is in serious mileage deficit. I figure we missed out on about 800 miles, so I have to make that up somehow. Alternator first though...it's starting to make noise I think. And not a good noise like "turn that damn Steely Dan noise down", more like "turn that damn Backstreet Boyz noise down."
Old 01-05-2004, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Student of the obvious

Two tone??? Why not multi-tone? This one deserves its own thread if it doesn't already have one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10156&item=2451832840

Mazda 3 S Touring Hatchback
Old 01-05-2004, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
It'll be legen-waitforit

Nostatic <--- dating yourself

Leave it that color and buy 3D glasses with the money you save to hand out to everyone.

Hey it's just a car (ducking)
Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 01-05-2004, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
If I'm dating myself, and I buy myself dinner, do I have to sleep with myself?

And while it *is* just a car, remember I took the tail off, so there is no "ducking" in my garage right now. You Canadians are easily confused, eh?
Old 01-05-2004, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by LeeH
Two tone??? Why not multi-tone? This one deserves its own thread if it doesn't already have one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10156&item=2451832840
Lee: Someone say Custom Paint Job

nothing gets by this crew...
Old 01-05-2004, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by nostatic
If I'm dating myself, and I buy myself dinner, do I have to sleep with myself?

And while it *is* just a car, remember I took the tail off, so there is no "ducking" in my garage right now. You Canadians are easily confused, eh?
I know you couldn't get into your driveway with the vailance, but how come you took the duck tail off? I thought it looked great! With a simple stock chin spoiler and the 8's you're looking to get, it would be perfect.

Chad aka "Chili"
1974 Base coupe in Carrera outfit.
No A/C, no Sun Roof, no power windows. Fast and light, just the way I like it. (Sad to say, it's sold. But at least it remains with us on this board.)
My car http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/CHILI
1969 RSR Project. Heavy on the word PROJECT! No pictures yet. Keeps breaking lenses of cameras.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
yeah, Tyson and Dave were trying to talk me into keeping the duck. 8s would definately help, but I like the sloping back of my car. Ducks are still cool in my book, but I like mine sans tail and sans front spoiler. I actually like sleepers...

At least that's my story *today*.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Nostatic

Your car looks really good in the pictures and I'm not just writing that because I have a silver Coupe myself

Of course you should paint the front panel to match the rest of the car! It will look so nice.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

How about matching blue on the rear valence, then blue "Carrera" script on the door. Or blue "Porsche" script. RS wanna be, yes. But it would look cool.

Especially if you keep the duck tail.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: