Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pelican fun run! Leaving soon!

Sorry for the short notice. Anybody interested in joining me for a Porsche convoy through the scenic Oregon Cascade Mountains? To be on the safe side, we should leave before dark. Departure from my home in an hour or so. Road conditions? Here's a link to an Oregon Department of Transportation camera located 69 miles east of me on Hwy. 20. Let me know if you're interested. Lots of twisties, and guaranteed that the traffic will be extremely light!
http://www.oregonlive.com/traffic/22santiampass/index.ssf/still.ssf

Old 01-06-2004, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Used User

I see you're back online before 6PM. Did you go? And I see that you didn't put your car away for the winter yet. I was beginning to worry about you when you were talking about selling and all that. This sounds a lot like the Paul that we know, not that other down in the mouth guy.........

Edit: Paul snookered me on that one. I didn't realize about the weather in OR today. I didn't do the link. I'm wise to his ways now...

Last edited by Zeke; 01-06-2004 at 07:27 PM..
Old 01-06-2004, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Milt...technically, I never "put my car away", but try to choose winter driving weather. Today isn't it. Did you happen to click on the link before darkness fell? You couldn't see any pavement, and a curve sign that is normally 8' above ground level was maybe 2' above snow. It's pretty nasty stuff throughout Oregon today...sleet and freezing rain atop a layer of snow. I guess I just had to post something...as a reaction to my jealousy of you south cali guys. All that great driving weather...sheesh!
Old 01-06-2004, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

bump! C'mon guys, click on the link...it's funny, in a weird way...
Old 01-07-2004, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Paul, your humor is too subtle. I am 500 miles south and couldn't make your "drive", so I didn't bother with the link.

Just so you know, it's cold and sunny here today, probably 55 degrees. Brrrrrrrr.

I am actually wearing long pants.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Paul
That looks like great driving weather. Put some chains on and your good to go
2006 V70R 6sp/Brembo brakes/lots of goodies
2011 Mini Cooper S
Old 01-07-2004, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Paul-
Too funny. I clicked on the link yesterday and then sent it along to my wife. We have aplace in Sunriver, which I'm guessing we're not getting to any time soon.
Go slow out there...

My '85 911 Targa ** Hand painted center caps for sale here
RIP Warren
PCA & Rennlist member
Old 01-07-2004, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Curt is on his way in the Cayenne

Old 01-07-2004, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
that is funny! i wish i had a unimog.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
No takers huh Paul. That would have been one hell of a ride. Yee Hah! I'm sure glad the pass is not looking like that. At least not right now. However I might have trouble leaving my own neighborhood Fri morning. We got dumped on and it isn't melting very fast. Don't want to plow the local roads here with my front spoiler.
7's and 8's, Steve W chip
Kuehl AC and fresh top end
Old 01-07-2004, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Yeah Dan, it's slowly melting here...about 34 degrees as I type. But the melt didn't come soon enough to save three of my pine trees. Freezing rain here last night added enough to the snow weight to snap their trunks as if they were toothpicks. Sad in a way, because they were just twigs when I planted them 1/4 century ago. Now, after a bunch of hours spent with the chainsaw & on cleanup, they're just firewood. I also lost limbs off the fir trees. More future firewood. Those are pretty Doug firs behind your house. I'm hoping they didn't get "pruned" too much!
Old 01-07-2004, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Paul, just let me get the 911 defrosted and I'll be right with you

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
( Super secret seat police )
our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red - gone but not forgotten
87 factory M491 turbo look lagoon green metallic
Old 01-07-2004, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Man, am I ever glad there aren't any overhead H20 pipes in my garage!
Old 01-07-2004, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Old 01-07-2004, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Early_S_Man
Porsche Crest

Good one, Paul!

Looks like the snow is up to 9" or 10" below the yellow diamond sign, now!!!

Been kind of chilly, here the last couple of days ... 21F here on Monday morning! No precip, though.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/76904

A nice drive I took back on 2 Jan 1979 ... 15F and 2.0" of ice on the road, all the entire 205 miles to Austin ... only took 17.5 hours to make the 420 mile journey to Houston!

1973 911S Targa ... 'Annie'
1968 340S Barracuda ... 'Rolling Thunder'

Last edited by Early_S_Man; 01-07-2004 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-07-2004, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: