Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
future master cyl nstalls & cluster rebuilders.

ok i just finished installing a new MC, rebuilt the pedcluster, installed new lines, and rebuilt the calipers. it wasnt totally hard. the mistakes i made? for one, i destroyed my brakelight switch. i took it for granted because it looked like the easiest part to take off. it was, i just forgot how it went back on. i installed it with the switch arm above the MC piston pusher rod. and when i lifted the plunger arm to stick it into the MC, CRACK!. oh well, i found a used one for $5. i went around the car bleeding the brakes like a man possesed. after i was done, and things were still spongy, i found two leaks. damn, look for leaks after the first go around.

other than that, piece o cake thank to you guys and 101 proj.

i will rebleed tomorrow, and button it up. let you know how it goes.

cliff (thanks makaio)

Old 01-07-2004, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Good to hear you got it done. Where did you find the leaks? I still seem to have a stubborn leak where the resorvoir supply line attaches to the MC (where the plastic fitting presses into the rubber bung).
Old 01-07-2004, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by ubiquity0
Good to hear you got it done. Where did you find the leaks? I still seem to have a stubborn leak where the resorvoir supply line attaches to the MC (where the plastic fitting presses into the rubber bung).
i am leak free there. my leaks were at my rubber to hard line interface and the banjo fitting coming off the MC. i wish i had new crush washers. did you install the supply lines into the rubber grommets, or did you put the grommets on the lines and then stick the entire thing into the MC? i left the rubber in the MC and pressed the hard line into them. i didnt bolt the MC in, i left it loose so i could wiggle it some while pulling the lines into the grommets.

cliff
Old 01-07-2004, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
oh yea, it helped to scream from the abdomen while pulling the lines into the grommets. you know, harness your inner "CHI"

(it worked for bruce lee when he was whuppin up on some villian)
Old 01-07-2004, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I left the rubber grommets in the MC & pushed the plastic fittings in w/ everything bolted up. I might see if I can get them more firmly seated w/ a piece of wood dowel or something for leverage.

I'm hovering over the front trunk w/ the wounded praying mantis pose at this moment. Maybe this will psyche those bad lines out.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
that is so funny! wounded praying mantis?!!! good luck
Old 01-07-2004, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I Just sent you a PM regarding this, becasue I didn't see the post initialy.
Glad it worked out for you.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: