Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Andypjboy..you around?

found some of your early posts re Beilstien seats and your subsequent purchase of same...would like to ask you a few questions.......

Old 01-14-2004, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Andy is around here somewhere, its just later there. What do you want to know? I have the Bielstein seats, and so does Jamie Novak.

Paul
Old 01-14-2004, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

I'm here now too!

Andy
'69 911E------>R

M&W 904 ... now gone
New project underway ...
Old 01-15-2004, 02:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

OK I have not actually sat in mine as they are still in the box. The project has not progressed far enough.

I will answer any questions if possible.

jamie
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts and suspension setups.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

just got back to my office......which model did y'all get?......please tell me your thoughts on fit/finish, quality and if brackets fit your early cars.....what is your wt/ht.? I am trying to decide on whether or not to purchase and its always so difficult w/o getting to see/sit in them..thnx again
Old 01-16-2004, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I had to weld up the brackets. They will come in a box with two side plates and two cross plates. The cross plates butt weld to the side plates and create a rectangle that the seats bolt to. The seats sit on top of this rectangle. The mounting bracket is nice and has a welded bung for installation of factory seatbelts just like my 71.

The seats themselves are very nice. I got the model 910 in black (only color). The vinyl is high quality and feels more like leather than the plastic like fabrics you usually see. They have cord inserts. Seams are very straight. Overall excellent quality for the money.

I am 6'3", 190#. The seats fit snug but not too tight. Very similar to my early sport seats in the targa. If you have a widebody (38 or higher) they may be too tight. I opted to go for the model with an extra 5cm of height in the shoulders. Same seat just taller. Ask Reiner he will know. I also spent the money to have a sub hole installed. It will take ~5-6 weeks longer but is a nice upgrade if you track the car.

I think they are great seats for the money. You wil not find the same style in a cheap seat (DAD, recaro, etc.). They may not have the same shoulder support as a true race seat but look very period correct.

Here is a link to some pics of the seats
ST Project update: Driver's quarters (Bielstein seats)

I can't wait to get the car going to see how they feel on the road.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Jamie...thnx for info....just thinking, does oe belt receptacle mount to oe seat bracket or floor of car?
Old 01-16-2004, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

On both of my 71s (wish that was 71S) they mount to the seat bracket. Later cars mounted to a recept. on the tunnel bolted to a U-channel. Not sure what year they switched.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Can anyone who ordered these from Germany give me some idea of shipping and duty costs? How much for the 5th belt hole?
Also...what do people think about using a 910 or such in a mid 80's Carrera?? Aesthetically....Not right? Technically...any issues? The later cars like my 85 use a 16" seat rail spacing.
--Wil Ferch

Last edited by Wil Ferch; 01-18-2004 at 05:57 PM..
Old 01-18-2004, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Will, as you prolly know I was following your FK seat posts ; technically these seats come w/ their own sliders and brackets, and I was told they may also require some welding; aesthetically I would not like their look in a later car...they are very period looking IMO.....but that is very subjective....I am working on a possible arrangement w/ a supplier to get these....
Old 01-19-2004, 07:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Always interested in various types of seats, whether FK, Sparco, Bielstein, etc....the subject holds interest for me.
Look also at the Bielstein 894's...nice folding / reclining units along the lines of the RUF seats or SRD's. Looks like you might sit lower.
---Wil
Old 01-19-2004, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Will...I feel same way about many parts and seats are one of them; I am constantly looking at seats for my Z3 , 911 and just in general...I also get seats for some of my patients who have sports cars.......
Old 01-19-2004, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I keep picking around and on the 912 board, someone has talked with the US sales rep in Las Vegas. I am trying to get pricing and contact info, but if anyone else has the gouge I'd love to get it. If I get an email address I'll post. I am Jamie sized, but more of a line backer, so I'm leaning towards the 912R with the recliner since I won't be tracking yet.

Not sure of what I am looking for, but actively hunting...

1970 911E - Long since gone
1972 911 Targa - gone
1987 911 Carrera - gone
Former FA-18C Driver
Old 01-28-2004, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: