Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Stahlwerks.com

Send a message via Yahoo to jhelgesen
Oh, I gotta build that. Really gets the testosterone going. I'll be stopping by the local muffler guy on the way home.

Guess I could do the aluminzed version and weld it myself.

Between the muffler and finding out my 3.0 has the ROW cis system (Waaaahoooo), this is gonna be a fun car.

"Honest men know that revenge does not taste sweet"
Old 01-22-2004, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Licensed User

Bump.

Leland, any updates?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Still waiting to receive the new muffler and tips from bigexhausts.com.

Supposedly they are being drop shipped.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
I know I have posted this before, but I had a co. called Bassani build me a muffler. It looks like the muffler you have but smaller, but it's built like a tank. The craftmanship is amazing. The gases mix in the muffler like a crossover. I put it on and it was to loud. I added some mini dynomax bullets off of it and car sounds awesome. At idle it sounds just a tad louder then stock. When I get on it it sounds great, does not bark like it use to w\out dyno's on it. The kicker is that it out performs the stock muffler, and the bursch I use to have.
Total cost was 200 bucks about 3 years ago.
Call them and they will custom build any type you want. They have been around for years.
Just thought I would post an alternative
Old 01-28-2004, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Licensed User

Thanks Leland, keep us posted. Im really interested in doing a similar exhaust on my car when it gets to that point.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
2-BLU
Got pix?
I'd like to see those small mufflers.

Lee
I made the same mistake and have a 2 in/out sitting in the garage that has both inlets on the same side. I'll hack it up some day as well.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Buy them, sell them

Garage
Hmm. What kind of resonance could you expect with that 1-in, 2-out Dynomax setup? Hey Mark, what was it like in general? Sure sounds throaty in those videos.

My Monty sounds great around town, but is starting to get a bit weary on highway trips... plus I'm going deaf from it! If this Flowmaster/Dynomax option reduces resonance, then I'll start building one.

Last edited by Adam; 01-31-2004 at 04:49 PM..
Old 01-30-2004, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Moses:
From your pic...what kind of rear license plate lights are those? Looking for something very similar....BMW 2002?, other?

---Wil Ferch
Old 01-31-2004, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Well the pipe came in and I started hacking up more metal.
I got to the point where I was ready to tack weld the inlets. Fired up the welder and, "PAP"... "PAP"... hmmm... wire isn't feeding... check the spool... DAMN.... out of wire!

So, Leland runs down to the welding supply place... DAMN... closed... goes to two hardware stores in vain... DAMN... no go.

Went to WalMart to get some ceiling hooks for the wife and looked in their hardware section... well, here's some MIG wire it is flux-core, I have a gas welder... well, what the hell, maybe I can meake it work.

Get home, spend 15 minutes swapping the wire from the itty bitty Wallyword spool to the large one for my welder.... take it to the garage, D A M N.... different diameter wire... won't fit in the nozzle.... dig through assorted bag of welder stuff from my father... ah ha!... found four new nozzles... check for fit... D A M N... all too small.

So I am beaten.

damn.

Disclaimer for the vulgarly challenged: Leland nor the SCWDP wish to see any welder or welder accessories actually plunged into eternal fire and damnation. I am just a little put off.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Just for reference I have welded flux-core with gas many times and it works great. In fact I took a welding class a while back and my professor prefered that setupvover just flux-core or regular MIG.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/krichard/
Old 01-31-2004, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Wil Ferch
Moses:
From your pic...what kind of rear license plate lights are those? Looking for something very similar....BMW 2002?, other?

---Wil Ferch
They are from a '97 Nissan Pathfinder. (don't tell!)

Old 01-31-2004, 10:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: