Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Darn it! Niether my Real Player or Windows Media Player can play the files!!!

Old 01-22-2004, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Administrator

The current Windows Media Player will play them if it has this (free) decoder installed.

http://download.com.com/3001-2194-10159344.html
Old 01-22-2004, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to ischmitz
Quote:
Originally posted by JackOlsen
, but I also set a new personal best time on street tires (1:32.71, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KD's).
Hm, this is interesting. Tyson and me in my brake-less, tire-less, suspension-less but powerful turd-brown 3.6 Targa pulled a 1.34. This was my wristwatch timer and me being scared beyond belief in the passenger seat...... Maybe I wished the lap was over sooner and pressed the button to hastily

Too bad I couldn't make it this time, the car is still in millions of pieces but on the road to recovery. It sure will be done for the next event. I can't wait. See you all there next time,

Ingo

I repair/rebuild Bosch CDI Boxes and Porsche Motronic DMEs
Porsche "Hammer" or Porsche PST2 - I can help!!
How about a NoBadDays DualChip for 964 or '95 993
Old 01-22-2004, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Thanks Jack!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ischmitz
Hm, this is interesting. Tyson and me in my brake-less, tire-less, suspension-less but powerful turd-brown 3.6 Targa pulled a 1.34. This was my wristwatch timer and me being scared beyond belief in the passenger seat...... Maybe I wished the lap was over sooner and pressed the button to hastily
Ingo
Hmmmm, that would be considerably better than Tyson has run in his own car, w/ good/great suspension, chassis stiffening, 8/10x17 rims w/ R-compound tires, etc, etc...

Maybe he should borrow your car for the next SOW event; he broke the club/track record in his car, imagine what he could do in yours?
Old 01-22-2004, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Administrator

Yeah, I think that 1:34 time is probably off by a little. But who knows? Bring the 74 out when it's done, and we'll put BB2 up against the 74, with you or Tyson driving -- and I'll even throw in a five second head start to make it more interesting...
Old 01-22-2004, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

drag racing the short bus

Jack: I loved watching Tyson catch that pastel green 944 Turbo. That car was very fast. He looked fighting mad after you guys took him on the front straight...
Old 01-22-2004, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Jack,

if I am the driver for the 74, how about a minute head start.....

Old 01-22-2004, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ajackson
Anyone know what type of lap times the vetts and vipers were doing?
Old 01-22-2004, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Thierry in the silver GTS Viper got down to a high 1:28 , on street tires- don't know if they were R compound or not. the other Vipers were doing 1:30's. None of the Vettes got down that far
Old 01-22-2004, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
PRO Motorsports

Ingo, Ingo, Ingo.................

It was a 1:41, NOT a 1:34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, if I could run a 1:34 in your car I'd belong in a Formula 1 car!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
You sure????
Maybe I stopped my watch in turn 8 when we got sideways thinking we won't make it to the straight in one piece anyway.....

Old 01-22-2004, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

PRO Motorsports

Yes, I'm sure. You were getting me at fairly consistent 1:44's until I pushed it as far as I dared and cranked the one 1:41 lap.

1:34 is just not in the cards for your car without some serious prepping.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

It was a 1:41 Ingo. I recall it was just a second or two faster than MikeZ best time there. But not quite as fast as the STAY PUFF!!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ajackson
I hate to compare cars, but were there any good 996 TT drivers there? What type of times can they pull?
Old 01-22-2004, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Formerly bb80sc

Ok, next question is who is planning on going on March 3? I am in. Hope to have seats, harnesses and maybe DOT-R's by then

So, Ryan, how did your car perform? Was it scary fast?

Dan, ask your employer for the work off NOW!

Ingo, hope your car is back together by then.

Tyson or Jack, hope one of you can show me the way, I know I can better a 1:55

-B
2017 Mazda CX5
Old 01-22-2004, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Thank you, Dave, for representing the 914s ... I only wish I was there.

On the bright side, my 914 will be making a return to the ring after a 4 month layoff for body repairs. The re-release of this 30 year classic will take place this Saturday morning ... can't wait to see everyone.

Relax yourself ... peace until then.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ajackson
Anyone know what type of lap times the vetts and vipers were doing?
Actually, Terry Rossi claimed a 1:29, but I think it was from a stopwatch, or something. His best 'official' time was a 130.3. Still, that's pretty great, for a car running on 275 street (not R Compound) tires.

John Dearing has run 1:30's in his Viper before, on street tires, but could only manage 1:31's on this visit.

I had three 1:32's, but nothing lower.

Dave's 914-6 was beating on everyone else, including the other Vipers and Vettes. Never underestimate driver skill, or the light weight and ideal balance of a mid-engine car.

Last edited by Jack Olsen; 01-22-2004 at 08:35 PM..
Old 01-22-2004, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
SCWDP- Shock and Awe Dept

Garage
Brad, the car performed flawlessly! I can’t quite say that for the driver but I’m pretty happy w/ the way I did for the first time.

Session 1- Ducks in a row. Dave led the way for the group I was in. After the second lap he was leading us much faster than I expected, little did I know.

Session 2- Me driving, Tyson instructing. I was starting to feel pretty good but I wanted Tyson to drive it and show me what the car can do. Tyson drove for 15-20 minutes of that session. WOW! Really opened my eyes. Tyson bled some air out of the tires afterwards and said the car did really good, but I need 9s on the back. Oh wife, Tyson said!

Session 3- Me alone. I was really feeling good w/ the car closer to the envelope and I could tell that I was getting faster every lap. I followed a red Corvette w/ a super charger for a few laps and stayed with him, even in the straights. He finally let me by and I pulled away from him throughout the course. A couple laps later, almost the end of the session, I lost it coming out of three. I thought I nailed the gas to go up the hill too soon, but now I don’t know if that was it or if I lifted coming out of the turn. Either way, the rear spun around and I went off the left side of the track, stopping so I was looking back down the hill, no harm no foul. Then I see the red Vette coming around turn three and his back end swung out, then the other way, and off he went off on the other side straight up and onto the bank. Luckily he and the car were ok. Talking to him later, he didn’t know I went off and never even saw me over there. He said that he was trying to keep up w/ me in the turns but just couldn’t do it.

Session 4- Me driving, Tyson instructing. I sucked! ‘Nuff said.

Called it a great day after that. The 3.6 was awesome but I have a lot of learning to do. The temps never went over 210 w/ the two fender coolers. Top speed about 130, redline in 4th. No idea what my times were like. I can’t wait for next time!
Old 01-22-2004, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
SCWDP- Shock and Awe Dept

Garage
The girls made us take this.

Old 01-22-2004, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: