Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

In the "cockaroach" I hit 120 mph going into turns 1 and 9. The vipers hit close to 155-160 , Jack hits about 135-140

Old 01-26-2004, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Administrator

More pictures!

These are from the same OTR organizer.

Magnus schooling the Vettes:

Jack all by himself:

My tail casts a shadow that's longer than my car:

Edit: Ryan's dad (left) and DD74 (right).

Trouble:

Last edited by Jack Olsen; 01-28-2004 at 12:58 PM..
Old 01-28-2004, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Administrator

Once again, Jack and his tail:

And again:

Which actually makes an IROC rear end look low-key:

His first day out, 30 days into Porsche ownership, and already he's thinking about a dedicated track car. I like this guy.

Ryan shows his museum-quallity 3.6 swap to some eager viewers. I think the bright light is from God himself peeking over everyone's shoulders:

'The Cook' and his street-legal racer:

Old 01-28-2004, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
SCWDP- Shock and Awe Dept

Garage
Nice Pics, these are from the OTR site right?

My father, and Dave (dd74). (coupe/duck tail give away)
Old 01-28-2004, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Administrator

Oops. Fixed it.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
drag racing the short bus

Looks great, Jack. Thanks.

Is the next OTR on March 3rd? I've heard rumors to that effect.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Administrator

Those rumors are correct.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Don't think we'll have a dedicated track car by then, but maybe I can bring the little ol' SC again.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

I have the 3rd on my calender and unless the wife is in labor I am there!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Ryan
I have a reservation on a euro 911SC coupe with a 3.2 in it. The trans is being rebuilt (by the owner) and it has some track goodies on it already (sway bars, tail, etc) As soon as it is available, I'll get you a rundown on what it is and what it needs
it will make a good track car
Old 01-28-2004, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Formerly bb80sc

I am there the 3rd and ready to sport my new seats and harnesses! Whahooo! Dan, you planning on going up Tuesday again?

-b
2017 Mazda CX5
Old 01-28-2004, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Brad, I plan on going down early on Wednesday. Since I am in the slow group (for a reason) I wont get on the track until 9:30, plenty of time to watch the yellow and blue groups.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Laura-Hergesheimer MotorS
So.. Jack and Mangus and Dave and any other qualified POC instructors, Marty is in need of instructors for this weekend at SOW. About 60 students are signed up and are running short of volunteers. Please give Laurie a call if you are available either Saturday or Sunday, you're familiar with the clinic schedule.

See you there!

Laura
Hergesheimer MotorSports
Old 01-29-2004, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

2 things

1) Not to poop on anyone's party, but the POC really choked this time ... this weekend is not only the Superbowl, but it is also the annual literature meet at LAX on Saturday and the Dunkel Bros. swap meet on Sunday. The POC event organizers couldn't have made a more bonehead move with their scheduling ... <--this is only one man's opinion.

2) Jack, who is the woman with you in this picture?

I mean, we all know you're a chick magnet, but how'd you convince her to get in the car with you at Willow?
Old 01-29-2004, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Laura-Hergesheimer MotorS
So.. Jack and Mangus and Dave and any other qualified POC instructors, Marty is in need of instructors for this weekend at SOW. About 60 students are signed up and are running short of volunteers. Please give Laurie a call if you are available either Saturday or Sunday, you're familiar with the clinic schedule.

See you there!

Laura
Hergesheimer MotorSports
Whoever is in charge of scheduling for POC needs to be replaced. I mean come on, there are only about 3 weekends all year when they should not try to do an event, and this would be #1.

I would imagine that Dave B. will be manning his vendor stand at Dunkels, w/ many POC members, (including me), stopping by.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Re: 2 things

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr9146
2)...who is the woman with you in this picture?

I mean, we all know you're a chick magnet, but how'd you convince her to get in the car with you at Willow?
That "chick" is Ryan William's (surflvr911sc) wife. He's a big guy who works near satellite-guided missiles...

...be very careful, Marco...
Old 01-29-2004, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to ischmitz
If the stars are aligned correctly I might have a running car by then and will be in. We'll see how it goes this weekend.

Ingo

I repair/rebuild Bosch CDI Boxes and Porsche Motronic DMEs
Porsche "Hammer" or Porsche PST2 - I can help!!
How about a NoBadDays DualChip for 964 or '95 993
Old 01-29-2004, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
2) Jack, who is the woman with you in this picture?
That's Ryan's wife, Kristy. She was not only brave enough to go out with me, but that's her smiling at the end of the run, after a Corvette spun out in front of us and threw up enough rocks to put all those white spots in my hood and break one of my headlights.

She never needs to prove her courage or good attitude again, in my book.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
Yep, that's my chick! Her good attitude is pretty hard to shake, and she as been in much scarier situations then being strapped in to BBII in the past year.

I think she wants to be in the left seat next time.

And yes, Jack is quite the chick magnet.

BTW, did I tell you I'm 6'4".
Old 01-29-2004, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

And I once saw Ryan pull a 914...with his teeth.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: