Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Boxster Caliper Adapters - Dimension?

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of these in order to have a go at home-made ones? I was told it was on the forum somewhere but I can't find the thread in question.

The pic below was stolen from Marc's (marcesq) website. What are the other parts shown? bolts banjo fitting and??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1997 Boxster 986 2.5l
Old 01-26-2004, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Bump.

Does anyone know what the bolt spacing is for the Boxster caliper? or the size of steel bar required for this bracket?
1997 Boxster 986 2.5l
Old 01-28-2004, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The folks that are likely to have that information are going to consider it proprietary, they are not apt to share it.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Glasgow 911SC
Bump.

Does anyone know what the bolt spacing is for the Boxster caliper? or the size of steel bar required for this bracket?
I don't have the numbers offhand but I don't think it really matters coz you are going to need to buy the Boxster calipers anyway to fit on the car, so buy them and measure them!

Sprint.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
The thing is, I may be able to get some calipers (from a friend of a friend) cheaper than usual. This would only be a good thing if I don't have to pay about 200 for the adapters. Therefore, I want to see if I can make them before (get exact dimensions) I pay out on the calipers.
1997 Boxster 986 2.5l
Old 02-03-2004, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Glasgow 911SC
The thing is, I may be able to get some calipers (from a friend of a friend) cheaper than usual. This would only be a good thing if I don't have to pay about 200 for the adapters. Therefore, I want to see if I can make them before (get exact dimensions) I pay out on the calipers.
How handy are you at machining? I have a set of adapters sitting around. I'll send ya the adapters but you have to machine an extra set for me. Deal?

PM me and we can work something out.

Sprint.

Old 02-03-2004, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: